Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Strap Tank Boots

BenchLoom

New in Town
Strap tank boots were designed by General George Patton and the son of a German immigrant in Nebraska who was a cobbler. Wanting a pair that we had seen a Japanese company recreate (and sell for $700+), we tracked down the very same cobbler shop - still in business - and had them make us a few pairs from the very same 1940s-era pattern. What I like best about them is that they look and work great for motorcycle riding and yet still look good under trousers. Meaning you can wear them if you ride to work. They're also a nice alternative to engineer boots. Here's the link. Curious to know your impression of these handmade leather boots and if you'd wear them given the chance.
http://www.benchandloom.com/shop/specialty-shop/52

Edward

Bartender
A fair way outside my current budget, alas, but if I was in the market for a pair of bike boots I'd certainly consider this. Always good, IMO, to see more alternatives on the market to the Power Ranger wear that's mostly on offer. Nice to see era military-style gear in black, too as an option (never seen a pair of the originals of these, but presume they were brown as per the then-norm?). Good luck with the venture.

lupo

New in Town
They can also be found in military surplus for a better price if you don't mind used. or try these:
http://www.uscav.com/productinfo.aspx?productid=5713&tabid=548&catid=384

These are complete garbage. I own two pairs (I was trying to find the real deal, but they were the same boot from different labels) from back in my "goth phase." They're shoddily made, and extremely painful to wear -they rub on the achilles tendon. I ran across the Bench & Looms back when I was looking for such things, but couldn't afford them. Now I have two pairs of unwearable shoes, and wish I had saved my nickels and dimes for the real deal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael