Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stratoliner Memorabila Collection

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Two more items...

... and then it's back to work for me.

Linen postcards from the Harry H. Baumann La Guardia Series:

Card1.jpg

Card2.jpg

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
My three favorite items...

"Stratoliner Petty Girl" (drawn by Geo. Petty) TWA Hostess Postcard:
True Size = 3.5 in. x 5.5 in.

Hostess.jpg

Hostess Sterling Silver Wing (Blackenton):
True Size = 2.5 in.

Wing.jpg

Boeing sterling lapel pin for 307 (Stratoliner) work:
True Size = 0.75 in.

BoeingPin.jpg

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
I have become so excited...

... about this subject that I have just purchased two domain names (both will point to the same web site): 307Stratoliner.com and Stratoliner307.com. I plan to make the site THE definitive reference work on this historic airplane AND its connection to the Stetson hat!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Boink!!!

I've been casually perusing this thread, thinking, "That's nice, That's nice", all the while my brain was NOT making an important connection. The Boeing Stratoliner is NOT the same airplane as the 2 engine Curtis-Wright C-46.
They do look a little alike, but the C-46 has 2 engines, rather than the Boeing's 4. Now, having my fuzzy brained blaseness having been blown away, I am duly wowed at the info and images presented here. Fascinating. Cool airplane.

RBH

Bartender
Zemke Fan said:
... about this subject that I have just purchased two domain names (both will point to the same web site): 307Stratoliner.com and Stratoliner307.com. I plan to make the site THE definitive reference work on this historic airplane AND its connection to the Stetson hat!
That will be great! Please keep us informed on the status of the Strato-site!!!:D

JoePreppyPauper

New in Town
The Promise of Air Travel

Those images are artifacts are incredible. I'm going to point to the thread from my blog. What a wonderful education in what air travel used to be!:eusa_clap

RBH

Bartender
JoePreppyPauper said:
Those images are artifacts are incredible. I'm going to point to the thread from my blog. What a wonderful education in what air travel used to be!:eusa_clap
Welcome to the Lounge Joe!! :eusa_clap

Check out a thread or two on the Stetson Stratoliner and find out what a fedora used to be! :D

Glad to have you join us!!!

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Should this be here or in the Hats thread on Stetson stuff?

I'll put a different picture in each: one with flash and one without.

This is a large, original promotional poster, on what appears to
be original cardboard backing. I had it framed.

3448230905_0dc71598b7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails