Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Straw hat with green insert.

rgraham

A-List Customer
Does anyone know if someone still makes a straw hat that has the green plastic insert on the brim. They were like a fedora or cowboy type hat from the 40s or 50s. Maybe even the 60s. The plastic part of the brim would be over the eyes. I've looked online, but don't know if I'm giving this hat the right name in the search window. If nothing else, does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

RBH

Bartender
Yep... Stutzmans Headwear in Worthington IN has one with the green visor at the price of $8.95 model # 1026R [without shipping] with a 3 1/2 inch brim.

looks kinda like this one {but with a 3 1\2 inch brim}

172411605.jpg

My dealings with the fine folk a Stutzmans is give them a holler and they will work with you on brim width and such. Nice folks and very nice straw hats.

STUTZMANS
812-875-8787

rgraham

A-List Customer
RBH said:
Yep... Stutzmans Headwear in Worthington IN has one with the green visor at the price of $8.95 model # 1026R [without shipping] with a 3 1/2 inch brim.

looks kinda like this one {but with a 3 1\2 inch brim}

172411605.jpg

My dealings with the fine folk a Stutzmans is give them a holler and they will work with you on brim width and such. Nice folks and very nice straw hats.

STUTZMANS
812-875-8787

Oh yeah, that's the one. It was worn by old dudes. Not sure if it's coming back in style, which of course makes it even better.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
rgraham said:
Oh yeah, that's the one. It was worn by old dudes. Not sure if it's coming back in style, which of course makes it even better.
There is an "old dude" that i often see not too far from my house wearing one when he mows his yard.lol

carter

I'll Lock Up
I doubt that you'd see many real cowboys in a hat like this. However, they were easy to find at Farm Bureaus, Feed Stores, or any farm equipment store. My Grandfather always wore one while driving his tractor. Guess my Grandmother thought it was sexy. ;)

cookie

I'll Lock Up
rgraham said:
Does anyone know if someone still makes a straw hat that has the green plastic insert on the brim. They were like a fedora or cowboy type hat from the 40s or 50s. Maybe even the 60s. The plastic part of the brim would be over the eyes. I've looked online, but don't know if I'm giving this hat the right name in the search window. If nothing else, does anyone remember what I'm talking about?

Poirot wears one in the episode when they go down the Nile...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails