Strictly Speaking

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by bunnyb.gal, Oct 5, 2010.

1. bunnyb.gal

bunnyb.gal Practically Family

I know there are quite a few swing dancers out there in the Lounge, but I was curious to know how many if any of you out there like to do Ballroom and/or Latin dance?

2. Foofoogal

Foofoogal Banned

I know there used to be on here and am sure some will pop up soon. Bumping for you.

3. Sjoconn

Sjoconn New in Town

A few years ago I took Salsa lessons and really enjoyed it. When I move back to the States I am hoping to take a few more dance lessons

4. Gilboa

Gilboa One of the Regulars

Samba, Mambo, Bossa Nova, Cha Cha, Flamenco and most of all Tango ... all on my to do list :D

5. Yeps

Yeps Call Me a Cab

I dance merengue, although not very well.

Every time I try to learn dances from people at ballroom studios or stuff like that, I just get frustrated with how dry they make it. You have to learn from someone who really dances it for the joy/passion of it, and preferably grew up with the dance, not the competitors who learned it in a studio.

6. Silver Dollar

Silver Dollar Practically Family

I don't dance at all. I was a musician playing for the dancers all the time and never learned. Then my hips went sour and that was that. My wife and I have wanted to take ballroom dancing since I got the hips replaced but time has been a problem.