Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff in your PURSE

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I've just cleaned out my regular day bag, and found --

Wallet, containing ID and other necessary cards, cash, checkbook, and lottery betting slip.

Loose-powder compact in flannel carrying pouch

Cloth for cleaning my glasses

Lipstick

Small screwdriver for emergency eyeglass repairs

Tweezers

Half an emery board

Small hairbrush

Loose bobby pins

1923 silver dollar

1948 two-shilling piece

Canadian $10 bill

Fountain pen

Miscellaneous ticket stubs and receipts

Loose postage stamps

Girl Scout knife (Be Prepared!)

~*Red*~

Practically Family
Wow, reading this thread is sooo funny!!
I am so not a purse lady. I love purses, you should see my closet..I just gave a bunch of them to Goodwill in fact.
But my purses need to be small, and not fussy. I find they are in my way, and I hate to carry things around. Of course when I'm dressed up, a purse is my accessory. I do have some bigger purses, but nothing like those bags they carry around these days. I find even if I have only my few regular things in there...They somewhow get lost in a bigger purse. Not to mention all the other crap that ends up collecting in there, simply because it's a bigger place to put stuff.

Here is what I keep in my "day" purse..

Cell Phone
Wallet
Sunglasses
Ipod
Bluetooth
Inhaler
occasionally, a Coin purse
Keys

When I'm out on the town, my "Night" purse contains..

Lipstick
Cell Phone- (only when I am without the hubby)
Bluetooth -(same as above)
Mini Purse Fan- (a MUST for dancing!)
Cigarette holder with my money and ID
Camera
Keys (only when I am with out hubby)

I figure if it doesn't fit, I don't need it. hee hee!!

nyx

One of the Regulars
Oh my. I carry a tote bag for work because it fits my laptop in it, but here's what else was in there today:

cell phone
cigarettes (yes, I know, a terrible habit I'm trying to quit)
lighter
matches (just in case)
Badtz-Maru checkbook holder
wallet with cherry decoration holding cards, IDs and baby pictures
at least 5 different lipsticks and glosses in various shades kept in a little red MAC makeup case that I love
chapstick
mineral veil in compact (started using Bare Essentuals)
little notebook
ball point pen
mechanical pencil
coupons
two sets of keys (work and home)
granola bar
flash drive
powdered rice paper for oil emergencies
lens cloth for glasses
travel toothpaste
Bath and Body works travel spray
travel toothbrush
listerine pocket spray
travel sunscreen
lotion
silver business card holder
travel hair brush
stamps
and various cheerios and other cereal bits that my son has nicely thrown into my purse for surprise snacking later on...

When it's an evening out, my purse is much smaller, so it's lipstick, cards and ID, powder, brush, bobby pins, phone, and cigs.

Kishtu

Practically Family
It's that time of year....

When everything sane that goes into my bag - lipstick, perfume, powder compact, Patrick O'Brian book, pens, keys and hairgrips - is supplemented by the cat dumping screwed up paper on top of it.

So lipstick paper perfume paper books paper....

He has been recently forcibly prevented from leaving a very deceased mouse in there.

Damn, will someone invent cat-bags for the discerning feline?!

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That is so odd!

Kishtu said:
When everything sane that goes into my bag - lipstick, perfume, powder compact, Patrick O'Brian book, pens, keys and hairgrips - is supplemented by the cat dumping screwed up paper on top of it.

So lipstick paper perfume paper books paper....

He has been recently forcibly prevented from leaving a very deceased mouse in there.

Damn, will someone invent cat-bags for the discerning feline?!

I have never heard of a cat doing that before! What do you suppose kitty is trying to tell you?

Kishtu

Practically Family
I think what he's trying to say is that either my packed lunches are dull, or his are....[huh]

He just likes bags and boxes, he likes to be in them. I guess I'm just lucky that so far the contents of my bag haven't included one 14lb tom cat....

ssubialdea

One of the Regulars
I try to use a smaller purse for day to day, I find that the larger ones swallow up a bunch of junk that I just don't need. (last week I found a spoon in my purse)
I normally carry my billfold, (cash, ID, credit cards), cell phone, keys, gum, hair clips, lip balm, midol, and various receipts and bits of paper in my purse.

lyburnum

Practically Family
Before I leave the house I always recite 'Keys, Bus Pass, Mobile Phone, Wallet' to make sure I haven't forgotten any essentials!

Aside from that I only really carry my Mac 'Pink Plaid' lipstick and lip salve. The lip salve I need for reapplications of the lipstick, as it's matt so it dries out my lips otherwise. I can't wear red as it doesn't really suit my complexion, so I tend to go for pastels instead.

Every morning I check the weather and if it's either rainy or really hot I take my powder in case my make up comes off. Normally I don't need it though.

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
nyx said:
Oh my. I carry a tote bag for work because it fits my laptop in it, but here's what else was in there today:

cell phone
cigarettes (yes, I know, a terrible habit I'm trying to quit)
lighter
matches (just in case)
Badtz-Maru checkbook holder
wallet with cherry decoration holding cards, IDs and baby pictures
at least 5 different lipsticks and glosses in various shades kept in a little red MAC makeup case that I love
chapstick
mineral veil in compact (started using Bare Essentuals)
little notebook
ball point pen
mechanical pencil
coupons
two sets of keys (work and home)
granola bar
flash drive
powdered rice paper for oil emergencies
lens cloth for glasses
travel toothpaste
Bath and Body works travel spray
travel toothbrush
listerine pocket spray
travel sunscreen
lotion
silver business card holder
travel hair brush
stamps
and various cheerios and other cereal bits that my son has nicely thrown into my purse for surprise snacking later on...

When it's an evening out, my purse is much smaller, so it's lipstick, cards and ID, powder, brush, bobby pins, phone, and cigs.

How did you like bare minerals? I've always thought about using them.

nyx

One of the Regulars
ASimpleLady said:
How did you like bare minerals? I've always thought about using them.

:eek:fftopic: I love how it makes my skin feel, but I'm having trouble with the shade. The woman suggested Medium for my skin tone, which is fine for summer when I get a little darker, but now that my skin is lightening again, it's too dark. I'll have to go back and get a light color to mix it with.

However, if I can give one huge kudos to them it's the night powder. It goes on at night before you sleep and makes my skin feel and look INCREDIBLE. I got the tinted one, so it almost looks like I have makeup on (good if you have some flaws you don't want a new beau to see at night). I've actually thought about wearing it in the daytime, I like it so much. It's expensive but worth it.

There's a mineral makeup thread somewhere in the Beauty room if you search around. A lot of people gave different opinions on different lines.

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Nothing glamorous in my bag today:

1407601098.jpg

I always carry a small bag in my bag for essentials like lozenges, plaster, wet wipes, pillbox, tampons, bobby pins. That is the small embroidered bag you see in the picture. It seems that a small insect pin snuck into it as well. :)

Other than that I always carry a small rain cap, paper tissues, lamps for my bike, my keys and a water bottle. Today my bag also contained a couple of tickets from last night when I went to an art museum called Louisana and listened to a lecture about Richard Avedon.

ASimpleLady

Familiar Face
inpurse.JPG

1.) My OLD mobile.
2.) Lipsticks - two CoverGirl and one Clinique ( which I prefer).
3.) Mirror
4.) Ponytail holders
5.) Allergy meds/meds/stomach medicine
6.) Various pens
7.) My new wallet ( from KOHLs)
8.) Tinkerbelle Checkbook
9.) Inhaler
10.) A coupon for Carabbas ( free calamari - for Doc)
11.) Address book
12.) Advil/Tylenol (Doc had a T.I.A. he’s only 26 and was 25 at the time he had it so he’s on an asprin regiment and I keep this, just in case!)
13.) Tampons (I’m looking for some organic ones as I’ve heard great things).
14.) The Afgan made by my great aunt Shirley for my high school graduation.

lonestarcasie

New in Town
Every time I read this post I think maybe I'll figure out what is in my purse. But as I have a toddler and therefore carry my home on my back at all times, I usually faint from exhaustion before even starting the task.;)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
Stuff in my purse, hmm. Well, I've only recently begun to use an actual purse--I used to carry a big semi-messenger bag--but my disorganization is the same regardless of the container.

Items currently in residence include:

Keys on a bunny key ring

My ancient ipod with headphones

A small ratty brown wallet (that needs replacing)--its the kind that will only hold cards and currency bills. I have a tendency to stuff receipts and change in there as well (thus causing the "ratty").

Various barrettes and hair clips

Tissues, lots and lots of tissues

3 pens and a mechanical pencil

A steno notebook with drawings, thoughts for stories, chapter fragments, notes for the job interview I had recently, call numbers from my last trip to the library, titles of books to read, the names of photographers/artists I like from an exhibit I attended, etc.

3 books; Writing the Romantic Comedy, The Bridesmaids, How to Write Killer Fiction

A Boden catalog

1 tube of Buttoned Up Red lipstick

2 printouts of email messages

The instruction sheet for Vogue pattern 2786

My wriststrong bracelet--never took it out of the purse after the last time I attended a Colbert Report taping

olive bleu

One Too Many
messy purses

I recently was on my way home and decided to pop in and pick up a bottle of wine to enjoy . I stuffed my bottle of red wine into my (large )purse and as i was leaving the store ,wacked my purse on the door frame, but was in a hurry to catch my bus so i thought nothing of it. As i climbed off the bus i realized that i felt rather damp, and looked down to discover that my bottle of wine had broken open and was all over my skirt and coat! I then checked in my purse and saw my bottle of wine was smashed to pieces.I couldn't very well reach into my purse and start pulling out chunks of sharp glass, so i just tryed to hurry home as quickly as i could, and as inconspicuously as possible.which was a tad difficult as i was covered in wine, smelled like a brewery, and furthermore this red liquid was slowly dripping from my purse, leaving a trail behind me.on the sidewalk:eek:

This was not the first purse disaster i have had..i have often reached into my purse and plunged my fingers into something unexpected, that was forgotten or not properly sealed etc.

i am usually pretty well put together most days, and can present a good front at least...but don't look in the purse...

So, what's in your purse?

Caroline

One of the Regulars
So I'm not alone?

Hee Hee! I know that ladies keep their purses very neat but mine becomes pretty embarrassing after about 48 hours if I don't do the upkeep. I find baby carrots that, while not moldy or fuzzy, are shrunken and discolored and they point at me accusingly, like they're thinking "you're not much of a lady!"lol Oh and once a uniformed policeman who was watching me rummage through "it" at Starbucks asked if I had a bottle of liquor "in there" too!lol

In my defense, I do always keep wet naps and hand sanitizer with me. It really came in handy one day when a woman had already placed a rather nasty payphone receiver to her ear. I'm trying!

Smuterella

One Too Many
ooh, recent hangbag disasters include - mouldy fluffy apple, exploding apple juice etc

in my bag (that still smells of apple juice despite being washed) right now I have:

novel
iPod headphones but no iPod
setting lotion (i don't know why)
one hair comb
one clip on earring
make up
loose change
a months worth of receipts
bank card, phone, travelcard, glasses

the best handbag discovery was at a party recently and a friend realised she had two pairs of finger cymbals and a kazoo in hers

MissHannah

One Too Many
Smuterella, that sounds just like my handbag, although mine usually has a lot of escaped rizla papers and a couple of exploded tampons in there too. Oh and hairballs from my brush :)

My worst handbag disaster was a carton of double cream which split and leaked. Oh and a lipstick that got loose and rattled around for an hour or two, coating everything in its greasy loveliness :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo