Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stuff in your PURSE

Fleur De Guerre

Call Me a Cab
I just cleared out my last month's worth of receipts! I am terrible for that. The bottom of my bag contains such delights as about 300 kirby grips, most without their coating, pennies, sand, paracetemol sheets containing no paracetemols! And a mysterious foam peanut thing...I can't remember having a package containing them recently..hmm.

olive bleu

One Too Many
The purse i have with me today, is the one i take to work every day so things kind of accumulate through the week.It also seems to get heavier as the week goes onlol my rather appaling collection today includes, but is not limited to...

wallet
biography of katherine hepburn
peanut butter and jelly sandwich
travel coffee mug(no coffee in it luckily)
hand lotion
old bank statement
stamps
empty gum wrappers
sticky note pad
dead batteries
assorted coins
ipod w/ no headphones(assumed stolen by teenager)
piece of saran wrap?
kleenex
assorted lipstick/lipgloss
allergy meds
crystal light singles mix
another book-"History of North End of halifax"
Bulletin from Church-June 8th

..i guess i know what i will be doing tonight:eek:

The Shirt

Practically Family
Here was my solution to the messy handbag situation. I change my bag once a day if not twice. I have my wallet - cards, cash and migraine pills and my little makeup bag with lipstick, ear plugs, powder, and eyeliner. If the make-up I want won't fit in there it remains in the vortex of the purse. Anything else remains outside the wallet and the make-up bag. I only usually move those 2 items from bag to bag. It forces me to clean out and to streamline the process immensely.

I am never without earplugs now though after a few too many loud shows.

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
I feel you girl's pain! I was attempting to find my phone today while it was ringing inside my purse and I managed to pull out rubber gloves ( even I don't know why), 2 wallets (both mine), a change purse, my boyfriend's wallet [huh] , random papers I have no idea what they are or even if they belong to me, and a stapler and I am yet to find that dern cell phone! I'm either going to have to clean my purse out and get a smaller one or get one of those HUGE cell phones from the 80's Zack Morris used to carry on Save By The Bell.

sixsexsix

Practically Family
last night i was biking home and decided to pick up a small tub of ice cream. i threw it in my basket and kept going towards home. almost there i realize by bike is dripping white stuff and stop. i turn around (my basket is a milk crate on the back of my bike) and there is melted ice cream all over my cardigan, jacket, and 1940s tooled leather purse. i tried to wipe it off but it is still sticky today.

last september i had a bottle of lemon-aid open in my 1-month old kate spade purse, and didn't realize for a good hour. the purse had to be washed, which faded the colour, and my cellphone was ruined.

MissHannah

One Too Many
TheDutchess said:
I feel you girl's pain! I was attempting to find my phone today while it was ringing inside my purse and I managed to pull out rubber gloves ( even I don't know why), 2 wallets (both mine), a change purse, my boyfriend's wallet [huh] , random papers I have no idea what they are or even if they belong to me, and a stapler and I am yet to find that dern cell phone! I'm either going to have to clean my purse out and get a smaller one or get one of those HUGE cell phones from the 80's Zack Morris used to carry on Save By The Bell.

Ok, rubber gloves and a stapler totally win the weirdest items award hands down!

Shearer

Practically Family
The Shirt said:
Here was my solution to the messy handbag situation. I change my bag once a day if not twice. I have my wallet - cards, cash and migraine pills and my little makeup bag with lipstick, ear plugs, powder, and eyeliner. If the make-up I want won't fit in there it remains in the vortex of the purse. Anything else remains outside the wallet and the make-up bag. I only usually move those 2 items from bag to bag. It forces me to clean out and to streamline the process immensely.

I am never without earplugs now though after a few too many loud shows.

I do the same thing and it's helped immensely. And it helps if I force myself to use a smaller clutch or Lucite purse, too. Sometimes I even forgo the wallet and just carry license/metro card, debit card, lipstick and compact.

If I let myself have a bigger purse I'm tempted to stick in a camera, giant hair brush, book, an extra pair of stockings, the kitchen sink...

As for purse disasters and what MissHannah said about lipsticks coming apart and going AWOL... trust me when I say that Besame's tiny bullet lipsticks come apart quite easily and stain quite terribly :rage:

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
See my -work- bag is messy-ish......But since that has a computer and two mobile phones, a palm pilot...etc....plus lip balm, two kinds of pain meds...etc....

I tend to take the -essentials- out of it to go anywhere other then work.....so all the other bags stay semi neat.....

ShortClara

One Too Many
olive bleu said:
The purse i have with me today, is the one i take to work every day so things kind of accumulate through the week.It also seems to get heavier as the week goes onlol my rather appaling collection today includes, but is not limited to...

ipod w/ no headphones(assumed stolen by teenager)

Olive, I believe Smuterella stole your headphones (see her suspicious list above)!

Laura Chase

One Too Many
Great thread! There's actually another thread somewhere where everyone posted pictures of the contents of thier purse.

So, let's see... My purse contains:

ginseng instant energy gum
raincap
calendar
wallet
sunglasses
umbrella
bike lights
mobile
camera
Alias Grace (novel by Margaret Atwood)
keys
aloe vera lip balm
exploded tampons
hairbrush
paper tissues (also a wet one from wiping my bike seat, gross!)
hand lotion
Bésame compact
pen
Hexokain (medicine for throat ache)
receipt for hairdryer
pillbox containing headache medicine and silica pills (for nice hair and nails)

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
This thread is making me laugh so hard!
My everyday purse is black with black lining, so unless what I am looking for glows in the dark, I can't find it. I spend at least 10 minutes rummaging around in there for my keys, each day, and never get the hint to keep the darn things in ONE PLACE. :eusa_doh: I have totally turned into my mother and have this exploding zippered compartment that holds wads of tissues, 12 sticky cough drops and a handful of bobby pins. My wallet won't even close, from all the gift cards and store loyalty cards. One day last week I went to pull out my library card and this bright red mitten flew out of my wallet..which, you know, wouldn't have been quite so bizarre except that it is almost July and currently 95 degrees here. [huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I dont like to think of myself as one who carries a purse, just a tote that I need, yeah :rolleyes:

I keep my lunch box in it, my wallet, pouches for my bus money, hankies, lotion and the like. All those things (except the wallet and lunch box) are in all of my bags.

I too make sure I completely empty my bag out at the end of every work week, so I can see what Ive been taking and see if I need it.

So far it helps.

LD

olive bleu

One Too Many
"My everyday purse is black with black lining, so unless what I am looking for glows in the dark,"

So is mine...the other day, i went to spit out some chewing gum into my trash can under my desk at work, and instead spit it into my open purse:eek:

Lola Getz

One of the Regulars
i went to spit out some chewing gum into my trash can under my desk at work, and instead spit it into my open purse

lol
That's pretty bad! One time, while living in the Northeast, I would carry around those black velveteen slippers in my purse to slip on after removing my winter boots. I stopped at the grocery store one time and went to pull out my wallet and ended up pulling out a shoe! I don't know if the cashier thought I was mentally unbalanced or a fan of Get Smart. There's just no cool way to recover after you try to pay for your milk and bread with a shoe.

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
I always have a mess in whatever purse I carry....it consist of of various things:
Books to read: currently one from Paulo Coelho
My journal, i take it with me everywhere
My sketchbook! its a must!
My small make-up bag
My morning Glory body spray
Gum
water
pencils, markers, drawing utensils, etc.
wallet
ipod
pictures...
medicine..ughh!! I hate it but I have too :rage:
food!;)
and that's about as much I can think off..im pretty sure there is more in there. It seems like something exploded in my purse most of the time!:eusa_doh:

=ritzy=

Familiar Face
Laura Chase said:
Great thread! There's actually another thread somewhere where everyone posted pictures of the contents of thier purse.

So, let's see... My purse contains:

ginseng instant energy gum
raincap
calendar
wallet
sunglasses
umbrella
bike lights
mobile
camera
Alias Grace (novel by Margaret Atwood)
keys
aloe vera lip balm
exploded tampons
hairbrush
paper tissues (also a wet one from wiping my bike seat, gross!)
hand lotion
Bésame compact
pen
Hexokain (medicine for throat ache)
receipt for hairdryer
pillbox containing headache medicine and silica pills (for nice hair and nails)

hahahahaha exploded tampons!!! oh my that is a funny one!lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy