Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

suit color for wife's black and white dress?

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
I don't think you could go wrong with a charcoal or navy pinstripe.

185561_10152051013935077_665603723_n.jpg

Last edited:

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
I wouldn't wear brown with that, not that it's fair she didn't coordinate with you first! B)

What about something grey?

Or just wear a tux anyway. Anything goes in 2014.

Matt Crunk

One Too Many
Would a chocolate brown suit work? And then how do I compliment her? How would I coordinate a pocket square and tie colors.

I could see a nice chocolate brown working. Really anything goes with black and white, so I don't think there are many wrong choices here. As a way to compliment her, a nice black and white "bold look" tie matched with a white pocket square would be good. A pair of black and white spectators would really finish things off well.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Brown plus black and white wouldn't be my choice. Don't try too hard to match her in the sense of including the colors of her dress in your outfit. Sounds like something for a theme wedding or prom but for a normal party you don't have to.
If it is somewhat formal I would go for a dark suit and light shirt. Everything else is up to you.

Shangas

I'll Lock Up
I would say Navy blue. Every suit these days is black, grey, charcoal, cloud, silver...I can't remember the last time I saw a real blue suit. So I think that would make things a bit different and interesting.

3PcSuit

One of the Regulars
It IS the Beetlejuice suit. That's why it was a joke.

I like brown, and navy, though I've never owned the latter, but those both just seem to clash with black and white stripes.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I also like brown but I don't think it is the best choice for the occasion. Plus a black and white tie would remind my of 80s piano or checkerboard ties. If you got an good looking example I am happy to change my opinion though.
Otherwise I would opt for something like two types suggested. Can't go wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran