Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sun Valley Serenade...wheres the DVD???

Blackjack

One Too Many
December and again I'm bummed that TCM does not have this on the roster to be shown. But the bigger question is why haven't they released this here in the US? :mad: It's Glenn Miller at his best with some great comedy moments with Milton Berle and Sonia Henie in her prime!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Yes! Great flick! What Iove about it, aside from the aforementioned, is all those 40's guys with their Norwegian sweaters tucked into their trousers. It's little details like this that remind you how different the world used to be. lol

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
I have the DVD but can't remember where I got it. Fantastic film, and this, along with Orchestra Wives and the Glenn Miller Story make for a great tripple feature. John Payne and Lynn Bari are great in this, too and that's Dorothy Dandridge in the Chatanooga Cho Cho number.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
I have always wondered about this too... Why is Orchestra Wives on DVD and not Sun Valley. I first saw it on VHS, Hollywood video had it for rent! Watched it and wanted it ever since!

It will come out on DVD soon... I'm sure of it. We just need to send messages to TCM or something and request it! I think people just need to raise their voices more.

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Forgotten Man said:
It will come out on DVD soon... I'm sure of it. We just need to send messages to TCM or something and request it! I think people just need to raise their voices more.

Again, it's possible that the copyright --which might have still in been in force when the VHS tapes were made-- is now expired.

If DVD makers and distributors don't think they'll make money off of "Sun Valley Serenade", then they won't produce DVDs of 'em.

Blackjack

One Too Many
Yeah, but like the man said Orchestra Wives is out on DVD and SVS has been released in Europe on DVD, so what the heck? I think a double of SV and OW would be a nice combo!

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, with the large fallowing Glenn Miller has to this day, it's a wonderment that Sun Valley isn't released on DVD. With all the box sets of his music available, why hasn't there been one of his movies? I mean they only consist of two but, if they tossed in there a documentary of him with old home movie footage and such (I have this on VHS) the two movies and maybe Stewart's Glenn Miller Story, then I could see it selling pretty good.

GIVE US OUR SUN VALLEY SERENADE!!!:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21