Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sweatband problem

Dobb

Familiar Face
I want to get my Royal Stetson repaired, but I really like the original sweatband with the "Royal Stetson" printed on it in gold. Maybe I can save the band.

DSC_0445.jpg

DSC_0444.jpg

DSC_0443.jpg

DSC_0442.jpg

DSC_0441.jpg

DSC_0440.jpg

DSC_0446.jpg

seabass

Call Me a Cab
WoW Great Color on that Lid
a good Hatter can resew the sweat band back provided its not dry & cracking.... the color should be even more Awesome after a cleaning .....

Dobb

Familiar Face
WoW Great Color on that Lid
a good Hatter can resew the sweat band back provided its not dry & cracking.... the color should be even more Awesome after a cleaning .....

Thanks seabass. I won this one on ebay but I wasn't sure about the color when the bidding was on. When the hat arrived I was quite pleased. The sweat band wasn't to bad, but when I put a piece of the hat tape behind the front of the band, she broke loose.If i must replace the band, maybe i can have a thicker band put in so the fit will be really nice. I am an in between 73/8 and 71/2 size and have learned the hard way that i must get the bigger size. This one is my best fitting hat yet.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Geez that is too bad. well now you get a new sweat & conformed to fit perfect all at the same time...
please post pics of the Over Haul.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The sweatband might be too brittle to work with.
I know about loving the gold lettering. But if you send it
out be prepared to hear that it will have to be replaced.

Dobb

Familiar Face
The sweatband might be too brittle to work with.
I know about loving the gold lettering. But if you send it
out be prepared to hear that it will have to be replaced.

Yes, I am preparing myself for that reality. Since I got the hat I have been wearing it every day and I'm finding little pieces of sweatband That are falling out. Maybe I can at least get band that has the Stetson label on it.

Feraud

Bartender
Finding little pieces of the sweatband is not a good sign. I fear you'll need to replace it soon.
On the upside, that is a gorgeous color fedora!

Dobb

Familiar Face
Finding little pieces of the sweatband is not a good sign. I fear you'll need to replace it soon.
On the upside, that is a gorgeous color fedora!

Thanks I get a lot of compliments from people when I am out and about. I am going for a full tune up when I send it to Chicago. There were a lot of people bidding on this one. I lucked out, and won by a penny.

K-E

New in Town
I am totally unfettered by any knowledge of repairing vintage hats, but -- I wonder if the original leather band might be laminated onto a backing to create a composite of the original with a stable material. It would be thicker, and that is what you say you would like.

Dobb

Familiar Face
I am totally unfettered by any knowledge of repairing vintage hats, but -- I wonder if the original leather band might be laminated onto a backing to create a composite of the original with a stable material. It would be thicker, and that is what you say you would like.
Very interesting thought. I am calling Optimo tomorrow to discuss my options.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy