Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tailor (repair) help question

dfrancis

New in Town
My USW G-1 is one inch long in the sleeves. I'll probably replace the webbing with G&B kit while I'm at it. When I first looked into this online I found two sites that refered me to the same seamstress. I think the gal lives in OK or TX, someplace like that. The reference page had a picture of her sewing away on an A-2 or something. NOW I CAN'T FIND THAT ANYWERE. It's driving me out of my mind. There was no link, just a phone number - does anyone know this gal, or have a top-drawer recommendation for a good repair outlet?

I just want to shorten the sleeves and put new sleeve webbing on. Nothing fancy. This jacket is just a "horse" for my nine patches from active duty. Something to wear walking the dog, driving the convertible GT Stang (I am a Navy Mustang so what was I supposed to drive?), that sort of thing.

Happy Stroller

One of the Regulars
In the meantime, or perhaps this is a satisfactory solution, turn inside out the sleeves, fold up the cuffs by one inch, stitch them so that they'll stay in position. The result is your jacket with sleeves one inch shorter, all ready for you to walk the dog.

Kevin Popejoy

One of the Regulars
It would be fairly unusual for a typical tailor to be setup for working leather...unless you're just lucky. However, it would be a good idea to check with your regular tailor for suggestions. When I need leather alterations my seamstress takes the measurements and ships the garment out to a tailor in KC. She gets a cut but I don't mind. She's done me some favors over the years.

Kevin

dfrancis

New in Town
I rediscovered this lady's info. I'm pasting it in here FYI. Her quote was 60.00, I'll check that agianst the gal who sewed on all my patches - who I believe could handle this as well. Cheers

From Cooper USA “Although we do not do any repairs on jackets in our factory, we highly recommend Willow Evans for all repairs and restorations of jackets. Willow does meticulous work and can actually restore an aged or damaged jacket to its original state. Willow Evans is independent from Cooper USA .
Contact Willow Evans at:
Tel: (615) 428-1391
Willow Rose Evans
110 South Central Ave Centerville, TN 37033
Please feel free to contact us about your experience with Willow.”

and this from Peters Group http://www.peters-group.com/content/view/28/55/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy