Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Take A Look at my Halli

Hamandbacon

New in Town
Hi everyone,

I just finished doing a partial restoration on a 1951 Hallicrafters 5R30 Continental AM/Shortwave receiver. I think it looks good, and it works great. I replaced the old capacitors and installed a safety capacitor to keep both me and the chassis safe from damaging electricity. I re-strung the dial cord , cleaned and lubed the chassis parts, and made a new long-wire antenna for shortwave. It works great. This is my first antique rebuild of a radio. The peeling paint on the grill is not flaking off yet and I plan to leave it just like it is, now that we are safe from electrical fire.

Enjoy!

1003410sm9.jpg
[/IMG]

max the cat

Familiar Face
hallicrafters

wow-
I had my leftover grandparents in the early 70's

hooked it up to roof antenna- I used to get jazz programs from Paris, the BBC Cubs games-in the afternoon- a great radio-wish I still had it.

max

moustache

Practically Family
Nice ham!

Very nice Halli!! I used to work the world with hallicrafters gear.Also Collins and Swan.
Later that turned to kenwood and Icom.

JD

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
I like the design on that, with all the curves and the chrome.

my halli is a lot less pleasing to look at. It's one of the old olive drab metal ones, but it is fun to listen to radio from all over the world, even if you can't understand half of it.

52Styleline

A-List Customer
Very nice little radio. I owned a series of Hallicrafters receivers over the years, the last being an SX-101 that I wish I still owned. The gentleman who got me into Ham radio owned a Hallicrafters TV set, the only one I have ever seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass