Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Take it off!!! (Let's hear what you think, ladies.)

Babydoll

Call Me a Cab
The Mister:

scan0001.jpg

He's done everything from a full beard to goatee to moustache/honey catcher. I like the goatee best. It's fun to rub his chin!

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
I have found beards look best on men who have receding hairlines or are bald on top, also guys with what is called a weak chin or jawline -- kind of fills it out. I had a friend some years ago who had a bald head and neatly trimmed beard and moustache. He was an attractive looking guy. When he shaved off his facial hair, he looked like a skinned rat.

A guy with a full head of hair can end up looking like a werewolf, so clean-shaven or a moustache looks best.

I have found men's faces to feel softer with a beard than with a 5-o'clock shadow. They can rub your face raw.

One thing I got to do years ago when I was a drama major in college is put beards on lots of people in my theatrical makeup class, including myself. I can tell you from the experience that, had I been a guy, I would have looked best in a full "King Arthur" beard, or a Fu Manchu.

I also make a neat looking werewolf.

karol

happyfilmluvguy

Call Me a Cab
Here is a less than a minute photo with a mustache,

mustashe.jpg

I have a few somewhere with a goatee and long hair.

And here's the best beard of them all!
grover.jpg

And to Mr. Dumbjaw, that's definitely a great project for football season

GOK

One Too Many
happyfilmluvguy said:
Here is a less than a minute photo with a mustache,

What lovely eyes you have :)

WARNING: Do not Google Image 'bearded men' :eek:

I was innocently hoping to find some examples of good and bad beardage! Oh my!

OK good beard examples (IMO):

goatee.jpg
(minus the stubble though)

voltaire.jpg

V20for20vendetta20pic3.jpg

crais001.jpg
Lani Tupu < le sigh >

18.jpg

Bad:

beard3.jpg

Stubble....ugh:

ist2_190054_stubble.jpg

moblog_924b8f1f2b09a.jpg

LadyStardust

Practically Family
Oh no, oh no, this thread will be the downfall of me! :eek:

I well..I..I ADORE them, and I think even that is an understatement. A proper moustache completely destroys me, and that is part of the reason I'm so infatuated with the Edwardian era, because so many men kept them and took pride in them. When I say proper, I mean this because there are some that just look downright creepy and sleazy, and then also I think it's ridiculous when men take them and transform them into all sorts of shapes or what have you, as if they were ornamental hedges. [huh] No, that is not attractive. But a nice, well-maintained handlebar, English, or pencil-thin one, where you can see that the owner takes pride of this addition, is just swoon-worthy, to me. When that is done, I think it makes most anyone look millions times more distinguished and attractive. Clean-shaven, especially in today's world, is often so bland.

My personal favorite:
res1080155567jja2ir2.jpg

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
After having a pencil stache, a soul patch, goatee (briefly) etc., I am now annoyed by the slightest stubble. Baby's butt smooth every day for me.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Grnidwitch said:
Spitfire, you keep that beard. How many people tell you that you look like Ernest Hemmingway (unless that IS a picture of EH).

I noticed this picture of you when you had it as your avatar. I must say you are a very handsome man.
So true! The first time I saw that picture I too thought of Hemingway (that other Hemingway!:))

It's just my personal opinion, but I'm not a fan of facial hair. I think it looks brilliant on some men, but for the most part, I prefer a clean shaven face.

waingirl

One of the Regulars
I think facial hair looks good on some men, and others, not so much. Cozying up to a 5 oclock shadow is a bit painful. Flavor savers are nice.

DOUGLAS

I need to shave daily or else my stubble looks sloppy. I grow a full beard every year starting in September, then around December start trimming untill it is completely off in spring.
FULL
DSCN3917.jpg

TRIMMED
DSCN3994.jpg

VAN DYKE
DSCN4160.jpg

UNWAXED
DSCN4370.jpg

WAXED
DSCN4515.jpg

CLEAN
DSCN2693.jpg

Folly

One of the Regulars
Douglas - I just love your Van Dyke and the waxed tache are superb :eusa_clap

I don't mind facial hair .. I have a soft spot for the sea captain look (neat white beards) and I adore Errol Flynn, Douglas Fairbanks Junior and Clark Gable's tache's. I also love Dali's.

A neat goatee is fine with me too.

K.D. Lightner

Call Me a Cab
Douglas -- Love the photos, you look good in all of them, but my favorite is the first. You look like you could be in The Ghost and Mrs. Muir.

Just cool!

karol

Rosie

One Too Many
I am a lover of facila hair. Nothing too long, not ZZTop long but to me, a man looks manly with facial hair. A goatee or close trimmed beard are nice but, I don't like stubble. Now that I think of it, I've never dated a man without facial hair.

DOUGLAS

The long stache definitely needs a lot of maintenance and training. Some men are lucky to have facial hair that grows in perfectly and covers well. My hair grows in many directions so shaping takes some time.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My personal face hair hotness meter.

There is naw...[huh]...fine...cool..hot..mega hot..ima faint

If he has the jawline...

clean shaven...hot to mega hot
Scruff...hot
stubble...cool to hot
groomed short all over beard with mustache...cool to hot
trimmed down beard with mustache...cool to mega hot
mustache alone...[huh]