Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tell us your favorite urban walking boot or shoe

Tito

A-List Customer
One of my favorites a pair of Church's Shannon in cordovan color;)
Cheers

2r2unuf.jpg

ru1r10.jpg

Seawolf

Familiar Face
Some beautiful shoes! I read somewhere that Mephisto "Match" is one of the best ever walking shoes. I would love to try them.

Last edited:

normanf

One of the Regulars
My latest urban boot acquisition for my birthday last month was a pair of Parachoc Super Touring boots. They are still labeled Galibier on the soles. Made by Richard Pontvert's famed Paraboot company in France, they are an urban version of the famous Super Guide mountain boots but without the stiff steel shank Makalu soles. They are one of the few boots in the world still hand-made out of one piece of premium leather with Norwegian construction, in which Paraboot is a world leader. They have the more forgiving flexible rubber Khumbru soles. And they were comfortable out of the box!

SuperRandoKhumbu_865601.jpg

Perfect for urban walking and day hikes!

Last edited:

J.W.

A-List Customer
For exploring cities, I love my Loake Kempton chukkas in brown suede. They might also be good for walking outside of towns, but I don't want to submit them to that. Sorry for the bad pictures, but these are the only ones of them I have at hand.

525x525px-LL-1090aac4_vbattach40080.jpg

525x525px-LL-40baec81_vbattach40081.jpg

Bad Co

One of the Regulars
You can't go wrong with any Red Wing Boot
I prefer the Peso style or the Gentleman Traveler because both can be worn with jeans or a sport coat and slacks

macca

New in Town
best boots

gday all, i find it hard to choose between my last of the English made doc martens 8hole,and my 2 pair of Aussie made Rossi boots 1 lace ups the 2nd elastic side.i do tend to keep the doc,s for best only because the cost more but they all can be worn allday no probs..cheers macca

tonypaj

Practically Family
Heschung Ginkgo are the most amazing pair of urban boots I've owned.
http://www.heschung.com/men-c-84_85.html

The are by far one the classiest pair of boots I own and the quality of construction is outstanding. I did get mine in France. But I think in US Barneys does carry the line.

I have a pair of Ginkgos and another pair of simple black boots by Heschung. Very comfortable, well made boots, I'd call my Ginkgos safari boots, though. Excellent in towns, as well, no problem there.

Windward

Practically Family
My favourite urban walking shoes are . . . . The Magic Three ... Alden Cordovan Medaillon Blucher in black, cordovan #8 and cigar.
- which are best to combine with all of my Aero Jackets.

Look here....
TheMagicThree.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
And these boots are on the top of my wishlist - Alden Plaza Wingtip Boots in Chromexcel - but soooo hard to find...:help:

AldenwingtipbootbrownHorweenchromexcel.jpg

Windward

Practically Family
What do you think about these urban shoes for your Ladies on rainy days . . . she'll love it...

Ladiesshoes.jpg

OK - thats for today...:)

amador

A-List Customer
I have a pair of Redwing Iron Rangers, sort of like the boots that my Dad used to wear to work.

6365041837_1c2a8a63c8_z.jpg

I wear them as often as I can with either jeans or Dockers.

JFriday

New in Town
For a good reliable walking boot I prefer the Danner Blackhawk 2, which is their 6 inch model. I have been wearing the higher version (formerly the Olympic, now called the Recon. 8+inch) for over 16 years, starting when I was a relief letter carrier now use them as my uniform boot and have yet to have found a better replacement for the money. The Blackhawk is light enough for daily wear, I have them in black and brown, the oldest pair of is over 13 years old, on its sixth set of soles, and still good support with uppers in servicable condition, and waterproof which is critical where I live. The polish well and look good with anything from Dockers to heavy twill wool, casual or formal.

Been putting on real miles in Europe in my Rockport Trail Cap Toes. Love them! Very comfortable, and up to the rain/cold with Darn Tough socks under.
Recommended. I get comments on them often, I think due to the vintage style.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner