Teresa Wright Died - 86 yrs old

Discussion in 'The Moving Picture' started by MDFrench, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Hey all, Just wanted you all to know that Teresa Wright just died. The star of Golden Era classics, "The Little Foxes," "Mrs. Miniver," "The Best Years of Our Lives," "Pride of the Yankees," and of course the Hitchcock classic, "Shadow of a Doubt."

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050308/ap_on_en_mo/obit_wright

She's on the left. Greer Garson is on her right from Mrs. Miniver.
    [​IMG]

I think I'll watch Shadow of a Doubt tonight in remembrance of her. She was a real golden era actress.

Rest in peace.

2. The Wolf

The Wolf Call Me a Cab

poor, poor Charlie

She really was in some great pictures. Definately one of Hitchcock's pluckiest heroines. I'll have to stop by "Charlie Newton's" house in remembrance.

The Wolf

3. Get a photo while you're there if you can. I'd love to see the house as it is today.

4. binkmeisterRick

binkmeisterRick A-List Customer

"The Best Years of Our Lives," what a great film. What's amazing is that the actor with no arms actually lost them in the war as described in the film. He passed away several years ago.

bink

5. Lana

Lana New in Town

I was saddened to learn she had passed away. What a wonderful actress. Teresa was great in "Shadow of a Doubt" . That movie will always remain my favorite film of all time. Rest in peace.

6. SappySwami

SappySwami Familiar Face

Shadow of a Doubt just recently played at out local theater the Rialto. Last week or something. I walk past the house from that movie almost every morning, but the day I learned of her passing away it seemed more significant.

Took this photo about two months ago.
    [​IMG]

7. AWESOME! It's so nice to see the house preserved! Is the garage still on the property?????

Please don't tell me they tore that down.

8. SappySwami

SappySwami Familiar Face

Actually, I don't know. I'll look tomorrow morning on my way to class. Not sure where the garage is supposed to be (haven't seen the whole film) but there is an empty lot next to the house, on the left of the picture I took.