Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank God for Ralph Lauren

mike

Call Me a Cab
Feraud said:
The pants were wool (if I remember correctly) and the lining silk. Wool and silk are both warm fabrics and I think silk the warmer of the two. Silk is thin but retains heat very well. A double dose of insulation!
These were dress pants in a nailhead pattern. Really nice but not made for a modern office environment!

Although this would make for a great line to a date, "Sorry babe, can't you see how heavy this material is? I gotta get outta these - quick!" lol

Feraud

Bartender
Rule 1 in The Vintage Guy's Guide to Dating.-
Wear plenty of wool, silk, felt hat, and overcoat allowing a guilt free excuse for the wearer to slip into his smoking jacket and jammies. ;)

mike

Call Me a Cab
And here I thought the "let me slip into something a bit more comfortable" was just reserved for the goils lol

mike

Call Me a Cab
BellyTank said:
We've all seen you in yer Smoking PJs, Mike.
I'm sure you wear them under yer suit and come 9 o'clock
of an evening...
...suit off, cigar out- and Pyjama-Man is revealed.

Lookout, Ladies- he smokes!

B
T

Holy smokes! I'm not going to live that down, huh? You'd think if a person posted a picture of themselves in their pajamas the world would move on and forget it, but nooooo :p

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
RRL cinchback/buckleback

mike said:
Are those new? Where did you find em? RRL/Rugby although have some terrific style are often frustratingly slim cut and low rise :eusa_doh:

I agree, RL cuts their pants trim & low waisted, as thats what the modern customer wants. Anything baggy & Highwaisted seems to sit on their shelves.
About 5 years ago, it was easy to find RL khakis in a true retro fit. Not anymore.
So no, these trousers arent new.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
photo chop

lauren340_01.jpg

chanteuseCarey said:
I wouldn't be so surprised if she really is this (sadly) tiny, and its NOT photoshopped...

Actually, you should be surprised. Her head is wider than her hips.
RL is really unhappy that this photo is being criticized and wanted the critic websites to back off. Unfortunately, its fair game & its an obviously manipulated image.
So RL apologized, but its not over yet as more image manipulation travesties from RL will be pointed out.

"For over 42 years we have built a brand based on quality and integrity. After further investigation, we have learned that we are responsible for the poor imaging and retouching that resulted in a very distorted image of a woman's body. We have addressed the problem and going forward will take every precaution to ensure that the calibre of our artwork represents our brand appropriately."

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
That is a terrible Photoshop job. The person who created the final version of that image must have a really bizarre view of what a human body should look like.

MrBern

I'll Lock Up
5-10 120 lbs

BTW, the model has been fired.

amd_filippa_hamilton.jpg

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyle/fashion/2009/10/14/2009-10-14_model_fired_for_being_too_fat.html#ixzz0TueSS2PX

"They fired me because they said I was overweight and I couldn't fit in their clothes anymore," she said.

Read more:

http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl...el_fired_for_being_too_fat.html#ixzz0TxyEYgNI

"I was shocked to see that super skinny girl with my face," she told the Daily News. "It's very sad, I think, that Ralph Lauren could do something like that."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl...el_fired_for_being_too_fat.html#ixzz0TxyKuMJl

"The image in question was mistakenly released and used in a department store in Japan and was not the approved image which ran in the U.S. We take full responsibility," the statement said. "This error has absolutely no connection to our relationship with Filippa Hamilton."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/lifestyl...el_fired_for_being_too_fat.html#ixzz0TxyU2QRH

Tomasso

Incurably Addicted
MrBern said:
BTW, the model has been fired.

"They fired me because they said I was overweight and I couldn't fit in their clothes anymore," she said.

amd_filippa_hamilton.jpg
Though generally not a chubby chaser, I would probably make an exception in this case. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points