Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thank God for Ralph Lauren

Feraud

Bartender
I do not remember but might be in the area this weekend. If the jacket is still in stock I will check.

Here are a couple of photos snapped a while back. This is similar to what Marc C posted.

I like the leather trimmed sleeve detail.
02-08-08_1428.jpg

This is obviously not my size as you can see from the pulling..
02-08-08_1427.jpg

ThesFlishThngs

One Too Many
Tomasso said:
Though generally not a chubby chaser, I would probably make an exception in this case. :p

Her mistake, of course, was choosing that white tank. Doesn't she know black is slimming?

(I joke, but this whole thing is beyond disturbing.)

Feraud

Bartender
You are probably correct Marc. The jacket I am thinking of is recent. If the auction jacket is an older one then I definitely did not see it in Bloomies.

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Feraud said:
I do not remember but might be in the area this weekend. If the jacket is still in stock I will check.

Here are a couple of photos snapped a while back. This is similar to what Marc C posted.

I like the leather trimmed sleeve detail.
02-08-08_1428.jpg

This is obviously not my size as you can see from the pulling..
02-08-08_1427.jpg

That jacket was selling Down Under last season and the one before. It was made in Italy without a generous cut so even the 46 was more like a tight 44. But that indicates that it was cut to the Italian standard where 46 is a EUR56 and when a US/UK46 is really a EUR58 IMHO from buying a few Italian suits.

Lamplight

One of the Regulars
Funny, I had to make a detour on my way home today, so I stopped in a thrift store on the way. Found a Ralph Lauren sport coat for $4.65. It's not nearly as nice as the ones posted here, but it was well worth $4.65! Also, strangely, it's labeled a 40R, and normally I wear a 42R and can sometimes even wear a 44, but this one fits me.

swaviator

New in Town
Just a quick weigh in on the RL line. I've been wearing RL for not only their timeless style, but it is because I'm 6'3", 235 pounds and it is the only line that I can buy off the rack and be certain of a good fit.

LordBest

Practically Family
I like that three piece suit quite a bit.

I do have a soft spot for Ralph Lauren, though its a shame the Australian prices are three or four times that of the US prices. I get my uncle to buy things for me on his regular trips to the US.

Last edited:

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I bought a club collar shirt from Polo RL some times ago cheap from ebay. I like it but the collar is rather soft and kinda small (?) I don't have other club collar shirts, so I can't compare. The buttons seem to be mother of pearl. I wear it with a collar bar. It looks so much better then

Flat Foot Floey

last week i went into a department store that had a ralph lauren shop at one floor. I was shocked. of course the reason are the different sub-labels (polo, RLL, rugby, purple label etc) but still...it's like jeckyll and hyde.

Because pictures tell more than words:
ralphlauren2.jpg

I think it is insane. Am I the only one who feels that way?

Flat Foot Floey

No there is not a stigma. Quite the opposite (see thread title). I was just so disappointet because the stores in my area only sell the crappy pastel color stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko