Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks Duane

Kilroy

New in Town
My first post is to thank Duane at theFedoraStore for the super deal on a Stratoliner.
He had it priced wrong, and when I asked about it, he insisted on selling it to me at that
price. I tried to let him out of the deal but, he insisted. How could I durn it down?

Thanks Duane.

I'll send photos if I ever figure out how to.

Cruiser

One of the Regulars
Nice to hear about it!

The Lounge is the best place to find great vendors, and Duane is certainly one of them--he has done right by me and many others. Welcome to the Lounge!

Great service

What a small internet world!!

I just finished a "Thank you" to Duane prior to signing on here tonight. Duane lined me up with a brim ring so I could get my OR's ready for Fall. Got it Friday, built a stand for it and just finished steaming all 3 hats tonight. Now I'm ready to go.

Of course I learned how to use the ring here. Thanks to all that imparted their wisdom here in the Lounge.

Razzman

One Too Many
Welcome Kilroy. I think you will find that Duane and many other classy folks are here at the Fedora Lounge.:eusa_clap Many here have an expertise from making hats, to the history of hats and hat making. Most, if not all are more than willing to share their knowledge of hats. There are lots of vendors here that will do right by their fellow loungers. All in all, my experience here at the Fedora Lounge has been very positive.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
Welcome Kilroy

Its good to hear of positive transactions. The majority of the Lounge Membership show great civility, manners and courtesy. I have had dealings with Art Fawcett (VS Custom Crafted Hats) and John Morris (Rocky Mountain Hat Company) and both are 1st rate hatters, but more important are classy gentlemen. A tip of the hat to both of then.

:cheers1:

Just my 2 cents

thefedorastore

A-List Customer
Bud-n-Texas said:
Its good to hear of positive transactions. The majority of the Lounge Membership show great civility, manners and courtesy. I have had dealings with Art Fawcett (VS Custom Crafted Hats) and John Morris (Rocky Mountain Hat Company) and both are 1st rate hatters, but more important are classy gentlemen. A tip of the hat to both of then (m).

:cheers1:

Just my 2 cents

For our New in Town, here's a couple of other good retailers that are here on the lounge.

www.bencrafthats.com
www.hats-plus.com
www.getahaton.com

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
Yep, Duane is a great guy. He shaped and fixed up a vintage Borsalino I had, free of charge. And he's just an all round nice guy I think, based on the few times I've spoken to him. I'll probably check out his store when i'm Panama shopping in the spring.

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
thefedorastore said:
For our New in Town, here's a couple of other good retailers that are here on the lounge.

www.bencrafthats.com
www.hats-plus.com
www.getahaton.com

I am sure that they are fine gentelmen as well. To date I have not had any experience with them or you. That could change at any time, I just try and contain myself to facts. I stay out of trouble most of the time anyway. ;)

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
The only way this business will survive is if people like Duane and the other vendors support each other whether it be on the lounge or off. I will always recommend another store if I dont have the product in stock and cant get it in time for the customer .

Steven

Aaron Hats

Vendor
besdor said:
The only way this business will survive is if people like Duane and the other vendors support each other whether it be on the lounge or off. I will always recommend another store if I dont have the product in stock and cant get it in time for the customer .

I absolutely agree. Unfortunately, not everyone in the business thinks the way you and I do.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I guess now the "cats out of the bag" . I had heard this rumor and couldn't believe it myself among a few other things that were mentioned. I called this other vendor who has been in business for a long time and he told me the whole story . I still cant believe it .

Steven

clevispin

One of the Regulars
DECENCY

Mr. Store,

All this talk about unabashed capitalism and here you go and get all ethical on us. It seems as tho you took the honorable path - I tip my hat to you.

m

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
I'm sure that what was done to the other vendor was cleared up between them . I just think that a little more common sense should have been used .

As Stan Lee would say : " Nuff said" .

Steven

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart