Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thanks for the memories...

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
this is really sad,Mr. root among others here have helped changed my life. The knowledge i gained about style and just things in general have made more confident then ive ever been. best of luck to you fellas and good luck wherever you go.

Chanfan

A-List Customer
As a newer member - it's actually quite a shock to see that these folks have left. So many threads have their posts in it, I assumed they were still active regulars!

Sorry I didn't' get to meet you!

FedoraGent

One Too Many
We leave for a couple of months and...

Cats and Kittens,

Magneto and I leave for a couple of months to the real world and look! Ack! My two favorite guys are gone! And where by goodness is Lauren? Haversack?

Rob and Marc, it has been my distinct pleasure reading your posts and all our (the group's) conversations over the past couple of years. I learned a great deal from Rob, lusted after his car and enjoyed Mnsr. Chevalier's clever retorts. Marc, the tie that I bought from you alas is my favorite tie and I'm not just saying that.

And I wholeheartedly agree that we need to hold onto Matt Deckard. We lose him and we lose the panache, style and skill. Then we'd really be up a creek without a paddle. I for one, now that we're almost done moving will be around here more. I can't speak for my better half, but I know that I'll be on here more.

Now off to cry in my Maker's Mark and Coke...

Jon

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
FedoraGent said:
Cats and Kittens,

Magneto and I leave for a couple of months to the real world and look! Ack! My two favorite guys are gone! And where by goodness is Lauren? Haversack?

You know, now that you mention it, it's been awhile since I've seen a post from Lauren, although she did mention she'd gotten a new job doing the costumes for...was it San Diego Opera? But knowing what goes on behind the scenes in getting a live theatre, I'm sure she's probaby been swamped and stitching up a storm.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
Mike in Seattle said:
You know, now that you mention it, it's been awhile since I've seen a post from Lauren, although she did mention she'd gotten a new job doing the costumes for...was it San Diego Opera? But knowing what goes on behind the scenes in getting a live theatre, I'm sure she's probaby been swamped and stitching up a storm.

Hello old friend. Yeah, it's been awhile since I've seen anything by Lauren, but now that you and Lady Day told me that she's doing costuming, I'm not surprised that we haven't seen her in awhile. In fact, it's downright not surprising.

Jon

ITG

Call Me a Cab
Yes, Lauren is still around as a member, just been busy with her new job. I've also seen Marc posting, so I am guessing he had a change of heart about the lounge.

FedoraGent

One Too Many
ITG said:
Yes, Lauren is still around as a member, just been busy with her new job. I've also seen Marc posting, so I am guessing he had a change of heart about the lounge.

Well, it's good to see that there are still some people left. I emailed Bob, so he's well and all. That's good. It's a shame though that we won't see him around here, but as they say...all good things.

Jon

Atomic Glee

Practically Family
Geez, I get my new IT job (at long last), have to back off for a few weeks to get settled, come back and Rob and Marc are gone?!?! Talk about a sore surprise! I will miss both of those chaps. Their posts were great inspirations for me. Rob's style was absolutely perfect - he really looked like an average guy from the '30s transported to today.

Feraud

Bartender
Update: Marc is back! Much to the benefit of those of us who love those incredible photographs and the wealth of information he generously provides to any and all. :cheers1:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
These members are not gone ladies and gents...

They are merely taking some well earned rest after some great contributions to FL and when the time is right for any members who need 'a wee break' (as we all do from time-to-time) to return, then we welcome them back home with open arms. Never say never..:)

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
PADDY said:
They are merely taking some well earned rest after some great contributions to FL and when the time is right for any members who need 'a wee break' (as we all do from time-to-time) to return, then we welcome them back home with open arms. Never say never..
And what of our crop of promising newbies*? Is the rope, in the hearts of some of the auld crowd at any rate, up? (And if you're merely raising a glass to absent friends, well then, my apologies.)

*Present company excepted, natch. :fedora:

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Quite right Fletch...Great Point!

The tide ebbs and flows in life, and with that brings some great Newbies and fresh blood and enthusiasm to the Lounge. With numbers not too far off the 5000 mark we must be doing something right here to have so many new members joining up.

So, althought it is sad to see some old faces drift away into other demanding areas of their lives, it is also exciting and encouraging to meet new people as they jump on board here bringing new life and experiences with them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24