Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That one thing that you need to feel like yourself

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
airforceindy said:
A regulation military haircut. Long/messy hair pisses me off, and more often than not indicates immaturity, IMHO.

-AFI

Yep, I know what you mean. If I dont buzz my head every week (Wahl with no attachment) and shave the sides every day (an inch above the top of the ear, and completely off my neck in the back), I dont feel right.

Lear

One of the Regulars
A large Costa coffee at some point during the day. I like the opportunity of being able to relax in surroundings where I know nobody. That probably sounds a bit antisocial lol

However, after a few dozen visits to any particular branch (whether Costa, Starbucks or Nero), that luxury is taken away. That's when I know it's time to move on. Too many friendly people about, that's what I say:p

CherryWry

One of the Regulars
Bangs. Every time I see a picture of myself without them I think, "who's that?"

Coffee, shower and lipstick (in that order) are necessary if I'm going to leave my yard.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
1)THE TEA. The hubby and I are tea drinkers, not coffee hounds. Every day one of us HAS to start THE TEA first thing or we cannot function for the day... and there is usually TEA for the afternoon too.

2)MOM'S KEYS. And as I am always out and about doing something or other, and another and another thing(s) every day- if I cannot find MY KEYS in the house (I do usually try to set them in one specific place, so I know where they are), I get sorta freaked out- all else has to stop so we can FIND MOM'S KEYS! Heaven forbid Mom loses her KEYS...

MissWink

New in Town
I need my bag (with my wallet, calender, pen, lipstick, powder, handkerchief and a million other little things) with me every day. And I need a book to read.
Besides that, I'm not too picky ;)

TheDutchess

One of the Regulars
Make-up! I just can't function without putting "my face on". My mom always told me you never know when you're going to run into prince charming so at least have your face on; even if you're dressed like a bum.

chanteuseCarey

Call Me a Cab
EthanB, what's the Dame Judi Dench connection- please elucidate me...
I'm a big fan of hers, but haven't seen that many of her films-yet! btw, one of y favorites with Judi D.is the UK 2000 HBO film "The Last of the Blonde Bombshells":)

QUOTE=Ethan Bentley]I agree, I do like to know the time and I'm no Judi Dench :) - I can't get by with just a phone clock.[/QUOTE]

December

One of the Regulars
My engagement ring.

I don't wear it to bed, so sometimes if I'm in a rush I forget to put it on in the morning. I never quite feel complete when that happens, and have to put it on the minute I get home.

mikepara

Practically Family
I must say I agree with all the Coffee people, but the big one is my watch.

I carried a rifle around for most of my military service and if we where allowed to in this country I'd certainly carry a side arm. However I work with so many pr*cks that I'd find it so hard to resist popping a cap at some of them. So probably just aswell the law says No! :rolleyes:

Spearmint

New in Town
Caity Lynn said:
Flip Flops. I'm "that Caity girl, you know, the one who wore flip flops to school last week in 6 inches of snow and 5 degree weather."

Dear, try being that girl who goes to school barefoot in that weather. I only wear shoes when the dress code requires, or if I have a sore on my foot making it so I have to be in at least flips.

I cannot leave the house without some form of sweater, even if it is 95degrees. I always get cold at some point in the day, everyone swears I'm cold blooded. A cup of strong tea, a book, and a tube of lipbalm. If I forget one of those my day is pretty much ruined.

Spiffy

A-List Customer
Caffeine. In soda, in coffee, in tea, in gum, in energy drinks and pill form.
When I camped out for a music festival this summer, the vintage disappeared, cleanliness fell by the wayside, and healthy (or even nutritious) food was abandoned for sleeping in the rain, grubby festival-wear, and powdered doughnuts.
I was however, the first person in line at the coffee stand the next morning, the person most likely to be packing at least two energy drinks during the day, and the last person grabbing a Diet Coke at night.

It's a sickness.
Other than that, red lipstick. That DID survive camping :)

Caity Lynn

Practically Family
Rings, kinda my string bracelets. I can't wear them today :( I'm in a play and they have to stay at home...hmm....oh well, I won't be feeling like myself, I'll be feeling like Robinson Crusoe. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails