Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That show got canceled!? I need to know what happens!!!

Air Boss

Familiar Face
Network TV would be Joan of Arcadia on CBS. There were no "perfect" characters, issues weren't resolved in an hour and the cast was fantastic. The show I miss most on cable would be A&E's Remember WENN; the story of a Pittsburg, PAadio station in the 1940's.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I really liked "The Norm Show." I thought it was funny.

I always wished they shot a better final episode for "The Prisoner." The strange psychodelic ending did not do it justice.

And there was this obscure science-fiction show from the sixties that only ran for three years called something like "Star Track." It was never heard of again. [huh]

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Jack Scorpion said:
Loved Firefly. But I think Serenity ended it pretty well.

I wanted Enterprise to go on, but no one else did.

Yeah it did, but it was a bit too neat and tidy. I would have loved to learn more about the characters and stuff. Thats the best part.

LD

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Senator Jack said:
Don't get me started on The Prisoner, HJ. I'm one of the few who believes it to be the perfect ending. Remember to bring this up on Saturday - we'll discuss. :)

Regards,

Senator Jack
Oh yes! My friend, that one we will discuss. ;)

Though, I'm just glad you're a fan!

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Chevalier said:
-- "Home Front". A drama about what happened after our WWII GIs came marching home. Huge cast of characters, many stories, great acting!

I *loved* Homefront. I saw Wendy Phillips on commercials for another series and took me a few days to realize where I'd seen her before.

The Wolf

Call Me a Cab
Don't get me started on cancelled shows

For a while I thought that my liking a show. I remember watching "Seinfeld" and thinking "I'm sure this will be cancelled, I like it and it's a little diiferent.". I was very surprised lasted season after season.lol
Most of the shows I liked no-one even remembers. Example: "Three". It lasted about eight episodes. David Warner had a great part in it. It got cancelled while the TV Guide was still listing it. That is a show I want on DVD and know it'll never happen.:(

Sincerely,
The WolfLOR]

carebear

Can't believe noone mentioned this one.....

Tales of the Gold Monkey (still can't upload pics :mad: )

http://www.goldmonkey.com/

1930's setting, Nazi's, seaplanes, bomber jackets in the South Pacific? Chicks in linen dresses, a dog with an eyepatch and Magnum's dead/not dead buddy? Who could ask for anything more.

Also...

Briscoe County Jr. - Mr. Bruce Campbell and six-gun science

Viola

Call Me a Cab
The Wolf said:
For a while I thought that my liking a show. I remember watching "Seinfeld" and thinking "I'm sure this will be cancelled, I like it and it's a little diiferent.". I was very surprised lasted season after season.lol
Most of the shows I liked no-one even remembers. Example: "Three". It lasted about eight episodes. David Warner had a great part in it. It got cancelled while the TV Guide was still listing it. That is a show I want on DVD and know it'll never happen.:(

Sincerely,
The WolfLOR]

I believe I was the other viewer of "Three." It was like Mod Squad, kinda. I thought it was cool and I liked the British guy's accent and that they made the girl the martial artist.

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
It didn't leave much to be resolved, but Gidget getting canceled was one of the biggest television mistakes.

If only I could find a girl like Larue.

And how come Norm Macdonald isn't on TV any more?

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Viola said:
I believe I was the other viewer of "Three." It was like Mod Squad, kinda. I thought it was cool and I liked the British guy's accent and that they made the girl the martial artist.

I remember Three . . . I had a big crush on Bumper Robinson :rolleyes:

LD

carebear

Looking over the Gold Monkey site (available on DVD, wahoo)

They mentioned the other (much weaker) 30's-set adventure show of the same period.

Bring 'em Back Alive with Bruce Boxleitner. (loosely based on the real Frank Buck)

Raffles Hotel in Singapore for a home base, Maylaysian safari goodness, probably had some Nazi's too. Those guys got around.

Both these shows were on in '82. I may be dating myself.

carebear

Marc Chevalier said:
I could ask for Harrison Ford. lol

Check the timing...

from the link said:
ABC rejected the series in 1979 after Don Bellisario refused to update it. The network executives thought that no one would watch a show set in the 1930s. They quickly changed their minds after the enormous success of "Raiders of the Lost Ark" in 1981.

also from the link said:
Despite the Indiana Jones-clone label, Bellisario always insisted that he got his inspiration from the 1939 film, "Only Angels Have Wings", starring Cary Grant, Jean Arthur, Thomas Mitchell and a young Rita Hayworth. It's obvious that he also was influenced by other classic films of the '30s and '40s such as "The Maltese Falcon", "To Have and Have Not" and "Casablanca" ("As Time Goes By" is played three times in the pilot).

Always nice when creators go back to the original sources.

skwerl-hat

One of the Regulars
And how come Norm Macdonald isn't on TV any more?

does anyone remember that show he had i think called the norm mcdaonald show where he played a drunk albeit very convincingly
i loved that show i think some of the episodes he really was drunk :-D
cant say enough praise of realism in tv

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
SGB said:
The rest of the Carnivale story remains in the head of the creator Daniel Knauf, no scripts were written that were not filmed. I have a bunch of the scripts, different editions (color) of each episode, which are fun to read and see the differences in the various drafts and the aired episodes. Unfortunatly HBO owns the rights to the show, all aspects of it including characters and story up to the last episode that aired. So, unless HBO releases those rights or sells them, the Carnivale story is dead. Only Dan Knauf knows what happens in the future story and he's not telling anyone, even, and especially HBO.

SGB
Ahhh! Was Sofie able to bring her father Brother Justin back to life, even tho he was 'slain' in the 'official' way? Did Ben survive the attack, and come out 'normal'? How will Ruthie use her new powers to see the dead? Will she ever learn HOW she got them? Did Jonzie survive? How will Iris deal with the reaction to the 17,000 immigrants that are on her front lawn! Will Lodz really come back?!

I will never know the answers to these questions! :rage:

The look of Carnivale was so amazing to me. Altho I must admit, in season two, they did get a bit carried away with the 'vegatible oil sweat stains' and the dirty clothes. I know people were grimy in the mid 1930s, but geeze!

Okay, Im back now.

LD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails