Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

That's it, I'm out. The ADS ARE RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been unable to view the FL over the past 24 hrs or so due to the site being blocked on various browsers over an expired security certificate issue. Not certain if anybody else has experienced this.

All seems OK now, tho.

Same, but I had the option of visiting the site if I agreed to assume the risk. I like the occasional walk on the wild side and plunged ahead. I can be crazy like that.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I have been unable to view the FL over the past 24 hrs or so due to the site being blocked on various browsers over an expired security certificate issue. Not certain if anybody else has experienced this.

All seems OK now, tho.
The warning began a few mins after 8p which was when the certificate expired. They must have re-upped the cert. because about 10 mins later “re-visiting the site” as advised worked for me.
If they stole all my financial data as posed...hope they start making some payments soon...glass half full.
B

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up

All seems OK now, tho.
Same here, finally figured how to risk it and load the un-certificated web site.
Boy, lotta bugs on this forum lately. I hope someone is working them out.

Edward

Bartender
See, I was never really interested in the punk scene except for liking some songs here and there produced by various groups. My sum knowledge about the Pistols is/was that Lydon was (for the most part) the front man, Vicious was the circus act who died young, some guy named Jonesy played guitar, and someone else played drums. I clearly didn't know Sid wasn't the original bassist. *shrug*

Hey, aside from the order of the bassists' membership, that's more than a lot of people know... and not inaccurate either. ;)

All seems OK now, tho.

Management have been made aware and it should, fingers crossed, be dealt with now! :)

Edward

Bartender
Yep. Would George Strait be who he is without Dean Dillon?

Where it gets particularly interesting is when you compare it with actors. Few actors ever wrote the words they perform... Or, to keep it with musicians, it's interesting that the very thing recognised as a talent that can put you on top of the world in classical music is dismissed as worthless by so many fans of popular music. I wonder if, in part, this was an inevitable result of the hard establishment, by the 60s, of recorded music as an accessible, affordable option, whereas before more people were reliant on live performance? If we had recordings of Mozart performing his work, would modern orchestras - basically cover bands of a sort - be sneered at by the same people too?

Same here, finally figured how to risk it and load the un-certificated web site.
Boy, lotta bugs on this forum lately. I hope someone is working them out.

With the load speeds and other problems we seem to have encountered, I envision a crap-ton of scripts and the like running in the background. Easy to make a site less navigable when that sort of thing happens.

Management have been made aware and it should, fingers crossed, be dealt with now! :)

And I thank you for that.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Using Adblock plus and blocking pop ups, still doesn’t stop the ads from appearing …. Anyone else have better programs to try.

Love the site but these pop ups are distracting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24