That's it, I'm out. The ADS ARE RIDICULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Tukwila, Apr 7, 2021 at 7:31 PM.

1. Maybe something like how Wikipedia or PBS does it (without the days long membership drives). Voluntary contributions, but everyone gets full access. I’m not sure it the ads are just to cover operating costs or if it’s a for-profit venture. Either way, I’d have no problem contributing. I’d also remove the ad blocker if the ads were limited in location as they were before. I’m not asking to get something for nothing or to have someone else pick up the tab.

belfastboy and Brandrea33 like this.
  2. Frunobulax

Frunobulax

I plead guilty to following an ad on Instagram a couple of weeks ago for "Hanks' Belts." They look nice, but kinda pricey. Nice holsters, too.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  3. Sonero

Sonero Practically Family

If I run across advertisements which ruin my viewing pleasure I take note of the brand since I won't be purchasing anything from them. The more a name is shoved in my face the less attention it gets and it will retain ZERO of my dollars.

Frunobulax and Zombie_61 like this.
  4. Nathan Flowers

Nathan Flowers Head Bartender Staff Member

If anybody else seeing ads inside of posts or blocking alerts/conversation drop-downs, please refresh your cache. I thing those two issues have been fixed.

5. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

I've sprung for a few tee shirts that were advertised on Farcebook, but the ads were in-line with the normal post feed and no more invasive than the usual posts. On the few "forum" websites I frequent like The Lounge I just ignore the ads because they're usually on the side margins and not in my direct line-of-vision when I'm reading posts.

Frunobulax likes this.
  6. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Thought you said goodbye and were leaving ?

hatsRme likes this.
  7. TREEMAN

TREEMAN One Too Many

Whats a cache ?

8. I don't know what a cache is either. However, I'm not very computer savvy. Perhaps it means to log out and then log back on...I guess.

9. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

A cache is a reserved storage location that collects temporary data to help websites, browsers, and apps load faster. If it isn't cleared occasionally those same files can instead create delays and cause your computer device to operate slower. A corrupted file stored there can also create other problems.

Frunobulax likes this.
  10. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

File? A brazing tool or a storage cabinet?
    file.jpg file2.jpg

Zombie_61 and Rumad like this.
  11. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Thanks for the tip. I just downloaded ABP for Safari and it works quite well. There was a check box for accepting "reasonable" adds, for now I chose no ads. I think the mods are just trying to balance the books and the advertising world took over.

Rumad and Short Balding Guy like this.
  12. I would have no idea where to find my 'cache' and would be at a complete loss of how to refresh it.....

13. jonesy86

Nope.

14. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I bought a pair of Vegan Leather sandals from a Facebook ad......received a pair of plastic sandals from China......so yeah, I am guilty.

Zombie_61 and Frunobulax like this.
  15. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

This is why I have AdBlock.

Zombie_61 likes this.
  16. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

This is why I have AdBlock.

17. jonesy86

Its all your fault!

hatsRme and Zombie_61 like this.
  18. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

I bought a pair of Vegan Leather sandals from a Facebook ad......received a pair of plastic sandals from China......so yeah, I am guilty.
    I JUST discovered it.....well, at least I was just told about it.......maybe it tastes sweeter for me as I have suffered for soooo long!

19. belfastboy

belfastboy I'll Lock Up

But they were Vegan leather man, How could I pass them up?

20. Coriu

Coriu One of the Regulars

Have been a customer of them for many years..fantastic belts. They also own WoolX...merino wool garments

Last edited: Apr 9, 2021 at 5:21 AM