Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BEST 1930s Suit Ever?

Marc Chevalier

Gone Home
Forgotten Man said:
... however, he needs to ditch that lousy spread collar!:eusa_doh:

Now that's where I have to disagree. The moderate spread collar suits his thin face very well and is in harmony with the suit. And we all know that spread collars were worn in the '30s, thanks to their popularization by the Duke of Windsor. :)

Feraud

Bartender
Marc Chevalier said:
This man is a tailor's dream: he's slim and compact, with long legs. Adolphe Menjou had the same physique. Suits look best on men like this.

Menjou had long legs? I never noticed that and will have to pay closer attention to his films.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Marc Chevalier said:
Now that's where I have to disagree. The moderate spread collar suits his thin face very well and is in harmony with the suit. And we all know that spread collars were worn in the '30s, thanks to their popularization by the Duke of Windsor. :)

Oh yeah, that's what you say see... Fred Astaire had a thin face and looked better in longer pointed collars... I think it would be more appealing my self with a double breasted of that era.

I have never liked spread collars... makes me mad that most of the shirts that are French cuffed I find have that collar... :mad: Me no likey. Looks as if the collar is disapproving of the tie and is trying not to associate it's self with it. As if it's runing away if you will.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic