Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Black Hat Brigade

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Stetson No. 1

Finally, can I join?

Stets_1SideUnb.jpg

High Pockets

Practically Family
Hope you don't mind me diggin' mine out! I love black hats!

Biltmore,....my only black fedora. But not for long!

100_2587.jpg

Sorry, I've been wearing westerns all my life and still love 'em!
Used to wear this one daily;

100_2589.jpg

And for special occasions, a custom 7X Beaver; (hard as a rock)

100_2588.jpg

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
billysmom said:
:arated:

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Thanks Highpockets, Sue - I really love this hat. It brushed up beautifully and the bash popped out as shown with no steam, but it also has a great natural center w/side dents crease that I'm going to keep.

Goose.

Practically Family
486204540_NY3nA-S-2.jpg
569948370_jxsyS-S.jpg
513847804_ke9hk-S.jpg
535605716_i8PrN-S.jpg
534768190_HQxtC-S.jpg
619346609_dXPx8-S.jpg

Hampton, Homburg, Bogart, Fed IV, Fed IV, Barmah

Thread reminded me of a guy a few months ago that said “my dad told me to never trust a man in a black hat”.
My reply, “my dad told me to never talk to strangers”. Think I posted the same in the “comments” thread. But, what the heck.

My favorite of the bunch is the Akubra Homburg.

warbird

One Too Many
Posted this in new hats. Picked it up several months ago, but haven't worn it much yet. Plan to this winter. It is incredibly soft. The brim is almost too soft and probably some steam to bring its stiffening properties back out. For me a 2 1/2" brim and brim binding are as close to a perfect hat as it gets. This is my only black fedora and though I am not necessarily sold on how I look with it on, my wife says it is one of her favorites.

P9240147-1.jpg

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Goose[COLOR="Black" said:
. Thread reminded me of a guy a few months ago that said “my dad told me to never trust a man in a black hat”.
My reply, “my dad told me to never talk to strangers”. Think I posted the same in the “comments” thread. But, what the heck.

My favorite of the bunch is the Akubra Homburg.[/COLOR]

Mine too! Its a great great style that you carry so well in a casual venue. :eusa_clap

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
warbird said:
Posted this in new hats. Picked it up several months ago, but haven't worn it much yet. Plan to this winter. It is incredibly soft. The brim is almost too soft and probably some steam to bring its stiffening properties back out. For me a 2 1/2" brim and brim binding are as close to a perfect hat as it gets. This is my only black fedora and though I am not necessarily sold on how I look with it on, my wife says it is one of her favorites.

P9240147-1.jpg
If your wife says that's one of her favourites then she must have good taste. I rarely like black fedoras (bowlers, homburgs and toppers are a different thing altogether for me) but that looks amazing. Some women give rubbish style advice, but your wife evidently isn't one of them so listen to her opinion.

warbird

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words folks. The more I look at it the more I like it. Sometimes you need to take a pic of yourself in a hat before you decide if it looks good.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
warbird said:

P9240147-1.jpg
Looks great Coley!!:eusa_clap

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shiny hats