Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice hat David . That brim binding is nice and you don't see that on vintage borsos too often. Looks like a mint hat and I think it should command a good price if your selling it. Best of luck.

Lovely hat!

I'll add that the Kleinhans Company was at one time one of the largest mens stores in the country. Many hats have turned up on the Lounge with the Kleinhans imprint on the sweatband. The chain closed in the early 1990s, but the beautiful Saarinen designed Kleinhans Music Hall remains the home for the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra today.

Last edited:

randooch

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps the hat's original owner checked it before entering the hall for an evening of transcendent music:

kmh-balc.jpg

Purplesage

One Too Many
I think I'll hang on to this one for a while. Maybe I should put the stingy brim Borso on this thread. Someone must be out there who would like to add a stingy brim Borsalino to their collection! It's in NM condition, late 50's I believe. If they are let me know.

Purplesage

One Too Many
Borsalino Homburg for sale

Guys I've been trying to find someone who is interested in a Borsalino Homburg 7 1/8. This one is a real beauty except the sweatband is cracked and coming loose. I wouldn't think it would cost that much to replace the sweatband, unless that's not an issue with you. I need the money and I already have too many homburgs. I have it listed in the classifieds but here are a couple of photos:

photo%20(24)_zps5c790e7e.jpg

photo%20(21)_zpsacf3f886.jpg

photo%20(22)_zpse2ef5edc.jpg

I was asking $130.00 but I have since come down to $120.00 shipped. Offers are welcome

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
Thanks, it is just 5-1/2" with a fairly rounded shoulder--more European style proportions. The hat is from the '40's -early '50's.

Thanks, Robert. That's what I figured when I saw the auction pics, - regarding the block, I mean - but I wasn't sure. Goes to prove that 5.5" blocks with more rounded profiles can indeed look a bit shorter.

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks, it is just 5-1/2" with a fairly rounded shoulder--more European style proportions. The hat is from the '40's -early '50's.
P1050196.JPG

If that one has a 2 1/2 inch brim, then I have one exactly like it, was wondering the date, your estimate sounds about right. Blocked, it struck me as an especially short crown. It is a beautiful color, and very rich, dense felt. That's the first one I've seen that appears to be just like mine. I have never grown tired of that color.

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
If that one has a 2 1/2 inch brim, then I have one exactly like it, was wondering the date, your estimate sounds about right. Blocked, it struck me as an especially short crown. It is a beautiful color, and very rich, dense felt. That's the first one I've seen that appears to be just like mine. I have never grown tired of that color.

I've seen that block on some mid-late50s European Borsalini as well. Check carefully behind the sweat to see if the paper sticker has the Borsalino logo on it (left side, text is vertical). If it does, it's pre-1952 (circa). Sometime in the early 50s, Borsalino switched to the paper sticker without the Borsalino logo on it; otherwise the label remained the same until the late50s/ early 60s.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn