Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
At the moment this is the only noggin shot I have. Sorry but that's all I have (I'm not at home)
27BD4663-2FCC-4483-8E45-AF2DB7800EBA-511-000000254B7DE86D.jpg

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
Thanks guys. I posted this in the new hats thread but figured I better stick it here also. This one is a little strange and I'm not sure what to do with it. It's like an open road but has a brim that is much less wide and has a bunch of flange curl. The felt is a little dirty but it's very light and easily workable. I haven't found a dry bash that works yet. I'm thinking of straightening out the brim and going from there.
69B5B325-9940-4D7A-9B4B-A8333CC39A0F-1142-000000695A97AB69.jpg

8D91BC5E-BB99-4E65-932B-4202110DDE69-1142-000000695BF44F99.jpg

6D8F3783-DC81-4481-AF3E-DBD08387D1C3-1142-000000695D47A454.jpg

FB3074C7-8203-487B-B28B-46BA594DE48C-1142-000000695E8550AC.jpg

Mystic

Practically Family
Thanks. It's a little stingy for me at 2 inches but it is a gear Florida hat. Feels almost weightless.

I wish you hadn't said that....Now, I want one for my Florida head. :)

I kept coming back to the pics of this hat yesterday. It's really an excellent styled hat. I particularly like the smaller whip stitch on the brim.
I think the smaller details and dimensions allows it to fit with more styles of dress.

I'm just beginning my schooling about Boros. What is your guess on the date and what elements did you use to arrive at your guess?

It appears to have the corrugated piece all the way around the sweat, but it may just be the photo angle on the stitching.

Last edited:

Rodkins

Call Me a Cab
I wish you hadn't said that....Now, I want one for my Florida head. :)

I kept coming back to the pics of this hat yesterday. It's really an excellent styled hat. I particularly like the smaller whip stitch on the brim.
I think the smaller details and dimensions allows it to fit with more styles of dress.

I'm just beginning my schooling about Boros. What is your guess on the date and what elements did you use to arrive at your guess?

It appears to have the corrugated piece all the way around the sweat, but it may just be the photo angle on the stitching.
Thanks, Mystic. I'm still not used to wearing a brim that stingy. I know 2-inches is probably near the stingy/non-stingy border, but I generally like wider brims and this one is still pushing it for me. I really am not good at guessing on dates for these overseas Borsalinos - I'm hoping someone better at it will chime in with your dating answer. The corrugated piece is only in the front where it usually is.

Mike, I had a Stetson OR from an estate of a local farmer that I knew growing up. Same brim size & flange. I couldn't get it to look right on my head & sold it. It was the stingiest OR I've ever encountered. I know that felt is sweet but the brim for me is just too narrow. JMHO...

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up

I like the hat a lot Mike, but then again my favorite brim size is 2 1/4. Granted I have to have a tall crown to wear the shorter brims. It looks like this Borso has a 5 1/2 open crown thats pretty straight. About 2 years ago I had a Champ "Open Road" styled hat with a 2 inch brim. The crown was full, but the brim was short. Here's basically what your hat will look like with a flat-ish brim.

DSC04014.jpg

DSC04017.jpg

DSC04037.jpg

I actually liked the style a lot, but it just wasn't an Open Road to me. I will recommend one thing. If you iron the brim out, try not to get close to the brim break. With the un-reeded sweatband, those stitches hate heat and will usually break if gotten too hot. Also, its going to be tough to get that great flat open road style without a flat-ish flange. With a flange, its a piece of cake.

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Hey Guys....I got this Borso in July and don't have a photo server yet...So I submit this photo in my Avatar, of me wearing it...It's a Blue hat with a 2" brim and a 5 1/2" when open crown...There is no model name mentioned...I believe this hat to be from the 50's...It has the sewn in lining and oil cloth oval window protecting the inside of the crown, and the serial no. card has no Borsalino name or emblem...and the size is 60 cm...so it was destined for the Euro market...it has a wide black sweat-band...and the only writting on the serial no. label is the Italian word for Blueberry...

So if this hat was made around the sametime as I was...then it must have been better taken care of than I, as the hat looks new and I certainly don't...lol

This is such a great Sky-piece...I hate to leave home without it...It will hold a dry bash...I've had it in several Diamond creases...and a deep Tear-Drop...and here in my Avatar its back to the center-dent it had when I got it...I got caught in a down pour and it protected me and dried over night and looked great through the whole process...
what a great hat...

Anybody have an idea as to the model ?...I'm thinking maybe San Remo...

So how 'bout it ? Can the Avatar pic get me into the brotherhood ?...:) I promise to post more pics later...

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL