Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Well done... Post war, 1950s or later I believe.
Ja, duh, what else could it be but "nero". Thanks alanfgag. I more or less thought the same, but was hoping for a pre-war score.
The material on the underside of the brim still interests me. Why and when was it used?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Ja, duh, what else could it be but "nero". Thanks alanfgag. I more or less thought the same, but was hoping for a pre-war score.
The material on the underside of the brim still interests me. Why and when was it used?

We've seen it - not often - as a dressy addition to hats sold for formal wear. Here the treatment is used on a western hat sold from a store in Cheyenne, WY during the first decade of the 20th century. Dressy, but not intended for a tuxedo, I think.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Second contribution for the "weird" Borsalino sweatband
2ntv59u.jpg

It is satin mounted on a flexible base
t0tj0z.jpg

Not grosgrain or other material like faux leather and so on
314wb4g.jpg

This is the exterior of the hat with a so appeal interior
I agree with the age of the Borsalino bought in Italy. Nero!
That is a beautiful hat, Daniele. The sweat band looks exquisite.
It wasn't the sweat band on my hat that was "weird", but my brain last night [emoji5]

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
We've seen it - not often - as a dressy addition to hats sold for formal wear. Here the treatment is used on a western hat sold from a store in Cheyenne, WY during the first decade of the 20th century. Dressy, but not intended for a tuxedo, I think.

15.jpg

16.jpg
Alanfgag, I like the look of that hat. May I see the whole of it?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Second contribution for the "weird" Borsalino sweatband
2ntv59u.jpg

It is satin mounted on a flexible base
t0tj0z.jpg

Not grosgrain or other material like faux leather and so on
314wb4g.jpg

This is the exterior of the hat with a so appeal interior
I agree with the age of the Borsalino bought in Italy. Nero!
Daniele, what's your opinion of the underside of the brim on the Borsalino I posted. How often is this seen on Borsalinos from around that era?

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Daniele, what's your opinion of the underside of the brim on the Borsalino I posted. How often is this seen on Borsalinos from around that era?
As I said it is rare and the two examples I have posted are the only I came accross in my life.
The hats I posted are a little bit younger than yours, so I have not data
Remember Steve that Borsalino made fashion, for hats, but fashion, more than any other hats producers

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
As I said it is rare and the two examples I have posted are the only I came accross in my life.
The hats I posted are a little bit younger than yours, so I have not data
Remember Steve that Borsalino made fashion, for hats, but fashion, more than any other hats producers
Thank you, Daniele. As always, I appreciate your knowledge.

I have posted one of these hats before. That one was not my size; this one is (well: it fits me). This one is a recent addition and more or less the Tyrion Lannister of the collection: too short (brim), scar across the face (mothing) but still a likeable character (I'm keeping it away from the crossbow however). Borsalino ardilla in brown (melasso), size 58 (but fits me like a glove), overwelt brim 5cm and crown 10cm at the pinch. Fantastic longhair finish and moldable felt.

borsalino ardilla melas_5.jpg
borsalino ardilla melas_3.jpg
borsalino ardilla melass_04.jpg
borsalino ardilla melas_1.jpg
borsalino ardilla melass_07.jpg
borsalino ardilla melass_09.jpg
borsalino ardilla melass_13.jpg
borsalino ardilla melass_10.jpg
borsalino ardilla melass_01.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members