The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Dakota Ellison, Jan 25, 2004.

1. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Garrett, I have two with 1929 date stamps but they are from the same store. This one has the old Cell Label type so my guess is late 1920s maybe a bit later.

steur and Garrett like this.
  2. steur

steur I'll Lock Up

Fantastic hat, Garret. Good to see more of it (and what I missed). I did notice that the label says 5 for size and the sweat has a 4 1/2 size tag. Both m Lodola as a felt colour and Nobelsca as a model are ones we've not seen before.

Steve1857 likes this.
  3. Garrett

Garrett My Mail is Forwarded Here

Stefan, the 5 sizing might be more accurate as the fit is a tad loose on my size 7 noggin. Perhaps the 4 1/2 label was a factory worker mistake? In great shape for its age - guessing NOS.

Steve1857 likes this.
  4. mayserwegener

mayserwegener

Garrett, One (out of 3) of mine from Max Eckard Berlin has a similar outside size label. The inside label is marked 5 1/2 and outside size label is a 6. Maybe they were applied by the German distributor or by Borsalino at final check.

5. The Jackal

The Jackal One of the Regulars

Maybe you guys can help me,
    I'm looking at a Borsalino Anello for $75 and don't know enough about them to know if I should pull the trigger or not. I tried looking them up on the board and on the google, but didn't really find anything.

It looks like the crown has been opened up, and the brim will probably need reshaping too, but it's an almost OD Green color, which is something I've wanted to pick up for a while.

Is the Anello worth getting or should I wait for something better to come along?

Steve1857 likes this.
  6. Steve1857

Steve1857 One Too Many

PanosChris likes this.
  7. The Jackal

The Jackal One of the Regulars

The seller really didn't have any good pictures of it other than this one[​IMG]

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Steinbockhase and Steve1857 like this.
  8. Steve1857

Steve1857 One Too Many

Okay. Can't tell much from that. Can you get him/her to send more photos?

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk