The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Dakota Ellison, Jan 25, 2004.

1. AbbaDatDeHat

AbbaDatDeHat I'll Lock Up

Darn i like vintage Borsalino.
    Thanks guys. Epic
    B

2. Randall Renshaw

Randall Renshaw One Too Many

Thanks, Joe. It’s one I’d never consider selling, to be sure.
    Just snagged a 50s Lee Gold Label Water Bloc today that’ll never again land on eBay, as well. Can’t wait for it to get here!

Blare likes this.
  3. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I would not tire of the company of this very fine rodent.

Randall Renshaw and Blare like this.
  4. jonesy86

Me too.

steur, Randall Renshaw and Blare like this.
  5. Randall Renshaw

Randall Renshaw One Too Many

Thanks, Jonesy. The term, rodent generally carries a bad connotation, but I can now attest to the fact that when it comes to head gear this rodent is high class!

jonesy86 and Blare like this.
  6. steur

steur

Thank you, Joe.

7. jonesy86

Yep, that's no ordinary swamp rat.

Randall Renshaw likes this.
  8. Daniele Tanto

Daniele Tanto My Mail is Forwarded Here

Second arrival in the restriction period and it is another soft and classic Italian felt
    Borsa BC 7.jpg
    Borsalino Qualità Superiore recent production, you notice it from the brand on the bow
    Borsa BC 1 bis.jpg
    The size is a 60 cm, 7 1/2 US.
    Borsa BC 2.jpg
    The felt is very soft, but keeps its shape well.
    Borsa BC 4.jpg
    Felt color is a number as it is used in modern Borsalino production. The color (a light beige, a little bit more warm then in the pictures) is splendid and the contrast copper ribbon gives a special touch to this Borsalino.
    Borsa BC interno totale.jpg The hat is new and never worn.
    Borsa BC interno particolare.jpg
    These are the measures of the Italian classic: raw brims at 7.5 centimeters, the open crown is 15 centimeters and the copper ribbon is 4.5 centimeters.
    Borsa BC 6.jpg
    A generous Borsalino in proportions qith a special soft felt and fantastic color

Last edited: Jun 7, 2020
  9. Ran across this "out there" ...

[​IMG]

hatsRme, M Hatman, Jauntyone and 8 others like this.
  10. Daniele Tanto

Third arrival in the semi-restriction period and it is a Borsalino modern production:)
    Borsalino BB 5.jpg
    Borsalino Qualità Superiore sold in Venezia. In the lot arrived, it seems the only with a very few wear
    Borsalino BB interno totale.jpg
    Borsalino BB interno parziale.jpg
    The size is a 59 cm, 7 3/8 US but is a little tight, so it is a 58 and half
    Borsalino BB 4.jpg
    The felt is very soft, but not so tender like the others of the same lot. It keeps its shape well.
    Borsalino BB 2.jpg
    Felt color is a number as it is used in modern Borsalino production. The color is rust and the dark copper ribbon gives a special touch to this Borsalino
    Borsalino BB 3.jpg
    These are the measures of this Italian classic: raw brims at 6.5 centimeters, the open crown is 14 centimeters and the copper ribbon is 4.5 centimeters.
    Borsalino BB 1.jpg
    A classic Borsalino in proportions nd with a splendid combo of colors

mayserwegener, NewJack, steur and 6 others like this.
  11. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Reminds me a bit of the Knox Hats Teddy Roosevelt ad.

BobHufford likes this.
  12. Daniele Tanto

Fourth hat arrived in the semi-restriction period and it is another modern Borsalino
    Borsa CC 1.jpg
    Borsalino Qualità Superiore
    Borsa CC 3 Bis.jpg
    The size is a 60 cm, 7 1/2 US
    Borsa CC 4.jpg
    As its brother Borsa BC 1 bis.jpg the felt is very soft and malleable
    Borsa CC 6.jpg
    Felt color and ribbon matching and they are two slightly different shades of brown-greenish variations
    The hat is new and never worn.
    Borsa CC Interno totale.jpg
    Borsa CC Interno parziale.jpg
    These are the measures of this Italian classic: raw brims at 7.5 centimeters, the open crown is 15 centimeters and the copper ribbon is 4.5 centimeters.
    Borsa CC 5.jpg
    A classic Borsalino in massive proportions with a wonderful tone on tone combinations of colors

mayserwegener, NewJack, steur and 5 others like this.
  13. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Borsalino Qualita Superiore

172DE370-142D-43E0-895E-471522BA3EFD.jpeg

This Borsalino Qualita Superiore made for Portuguese market is the thinnest lightest weight Unlined felt hat I have ever handled. Super soft thin moldable felt with a 2 in brim and a mid ribbon.

D03CCB72-D684-42DE-B0F9-65B19B1E31CF.jpeg 93FD561B-6DB7-4BB7-9C4F-E16D26631BA7.jpeg A932CEA3-9D35-4191-92EC-12DA20050408.jpeg 52856648-6EE8-41B5-927F-35EB9FC4AE51.jpeg B5FCCE61-5F96-4AFC-9142-1A9E95F32083.jpeg

As the hat was originally sold at Teo The English Outfitters in Gibraltar I suspected the 6 3/4 sizing on the tag may well be UK sizing. It does appear by fit that is the case.

1020EA33-B011-42D1-A0ED-7AAA0205AD5A.jpeg

I was expecting from the photos a project hat that was going to need a deep cleaning as it appeared to be covered in some type of fungus. However I was able to remove most of it with a very heavy brushing.

C05DD124-FEED-4885-8306-6DA750D2B103.jpeg

It is a super comfortable and very sleek and stylish hat that is a pleasure to wear.

95056B65-9AEA-43AB-8472-57F10EAE02D2.jpeg 71B762A7-DB1A-4F39-9E8C-828ADD6423D5.jpeg

14. steur

steur

Nice finds all of these, Daniele. As a modern production hat Borsalino still manages to leave behind others in terms of quality.

deadlyhandsome and Blare like this.
  15. steur

steur

One of the most satisfying things of hat collecting is seeing a hat with seemingly one foot in the grave come back to life with just some brushing and steaming. Great save, Joe.

deadlyhandsome and Blare like this.
  16. steur

steur

It's not custom here to post hats that don't belong to you, but it's a rule I'm breaking to save this one for archival reasons. And to be honest I had expected to see this one here before. This one was the only hat of four I did not win from the same seller. What can you do?
    Borsalino Ecosca Muflone. Marque Grand Luxe 6X. Size 7 with the bound brim at 7cm. Longhair finish. 1954-1960. A rare beauty. Pictures by seller. Enjoy.

mufl1.jpg mufl2.jpg mufl3.jpg mufl4.jpg mufl5.jpg mufl6.jpg

17. Daniele Tanto

Thanks Stefan. I agreed with you about quality in modern Borsalino production. Always they have in the catalogue two or three hats I would like to have ;) These I bought were not so well preserved even if they were in the original boxes :rolleyes:

What I can do and try to intercept one on the Italian market. It may be that it appears.
    To make your life less bitter you will find below a hat with a similar felt, but it is not your size. I'm sorry :rolleyes:

steur and Blare like this.
  18. Daniele Tanto

This is the fifth and last of the modern Borsalino arrived in the last weeks
    AA Borsa 6.jpg
    Borsalino Qualità Superiore
    AA Borsa 2.jpg
    The size is a 59 cm, 7 3/8 US with wind cord
    AA Borsa 4.jpg
    It is different from the brother, felt is finished with short hair and it is a little less soft then the brothers
    AA Borsa 8.jpg
    The color is rust with the copper ribbon. The shape is a classic Borsalino massive proportions
    The hat is new and never worn. You see the original badge still in its place
    AA Borsa interno totale.jpg
    AA Borsa interno parziale.jpg
    These are the measures of this Italian classic: raw brims at 7.5 centimeters, the open crown is 15 centimeters and the copper ribbon is 4.5 centimeters.
    AA Borsa 7.jpg
    A beautiful Borsalino with a special felt

19. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Wow Stefan. that is truly a beautiful hat. It definitely deserved to be displayed here

steur likes this.
  20. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Thank you Stefan. I am over the moon as far as the results. What would you guess age to be on it?

Daniele Tanto and steur like this.