Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

carouselvic

I'll Lock Up
besdor said:
An American made Bors would not have a white tip sticker under the lining as the Italian versions do. The tacking of the band is very different as well. If anyone has a picture of a hat , I can tell fairly qulickly where it was made.
As for Easterm Europe , there were never any Borsalinos made there as far as I know.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com
;)

I was just going through some old post and noticed Steven did not edit his post. I supplied Steven with a photo of a Borsalino that was plainly marked made in Greece.

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
BrBorso-1.jpg

Well, this one's sure not greasy. That is perfection, Jimmy!! :eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino...

Won this beauty last week and it arrived today!
Can anybody help me date it, please? Also this is my first Borsalino to feature this corrugated thing inside the sweatband at the front. What is this for, guys? Better fit? Seller wasn't sure about the size, she said 5 and I was hoping, all these days, that it'd be a punti. It was and it fits me perfectly!

DSC04397.jpg

DSC04396.jpg

DSC04392.jpg

Corrugated feature:

DSC04391.jpg

DSC04389.jpg

DSC04393.jpg

DSC04394.jpg

billysmom

One Too Many
Aureliano said:
Can anybody help me date it, please? Also this is my first Borsalino to feature this corrugated thing inside the sweatband at the front. What is this for, guys? Better fit? Seller wasn't sure about the size, she said 5 and I was hoping, all these days, that it'd be a punti. It was and it fits me perfectly!

DSC04397.jpg

Aureliano -

That is a gorgeous lid! Can't help you on dating, but I'm sure you'll enjoy wearing it. There's just something special about vintage Borsalinos ...

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sue

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Aureliano said:

DSC04397.jpg

Aureliano, that is a beautiful creamy color; makes it look like it wants to be touched. You did very well with that. :eusa_clap

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Sue and Mr. P! It is indeed very soft to the touch. They weren't kidding when they stamped the "qualita extra superiore"

Dreispitz

One Too Many
gtdean48 said:
VERY nice. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap Muflone is the color of my Alessandria. Only translation I can find is that of a type of sheep! [huh]

Muflone, lat. ovis gmelini musimon (not to be confused with Pokemon), endemic to the Alpine region. In fact a wilde sheep.

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
gtdean48 said:
That is such a clean & classic ribbon treatment! Love how the ends are tied up. RICH color there Chief!
:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I'm with you, Deputy. I love that ribbon treatment, and the color really is very rich.

Cheers,
JtL

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Dreispitz said:
Muflone, lat. ovis gmelini musimon (not to be confused with Pokemon), endemic to the Alpine region. In fact a wilde sheep.

Dreispitz -- that Borso is fabulous. Just beautiful. Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

On the "muflone" front, I just received an Alessandria this week that is "muflone," and had the same experience of learning that it is a mountain sheep! The color is beautiful. Here is a wide-ribbon Borso in "muflone":

BrownBorso.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Dreispitz

One Too Many
jimmy the lid said:
Dreispitz -- that Borso is fabulous. Just beautiful. Congrats! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

On the "muflone" front, I just received an Alessandria this week that is "muflone," and had the same experience of learning that it is a mountain sheep! The color is beautiful. Here is a wide-ribbon Borso in "muflone":

BrownBorso.jpg

Cheers,
JtL

Likewise :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

The bow on yours is great in particular! :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran