Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
I am now an official member of the Borsolino Brotherhood. In my recent sojourn to Williamsburg Brooklyn and to Bencraft Hatters, and, mostly with the help of the elder Mr. Goldstein, I acquired a NEW old stock Borso Torino, size 7 3/4! Old style liner. Old style size tag. Beautiful felt AND a Cavanagh edge! A glorious hat if there ever was one!

P1010017.jpg

More details and photos to come!

PS - Sorry about the photo. My wife said "MOVE! You're blocking the view!"

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
They don't call you Mr. Lucky for nothin;) Great looking hat man. Congrats.

Thanks gentlemen,I am most pleased with this one.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Nice Hat!

Hemingway Jones said:
Well, I'm not Italian, but here I am in Rome wearing a vintage Borsalino:

Those are nice hats! There's nothing like a wide-ribboned Borsalino. And I know for a fact that the second hat is soft as a puppy's tummy.

oswd

New in Town
Hemingway Jones said:
Pesca means "peach," which refers to the feel of the felt.

Well, I'm not Italian, but here I am in Rome wearing a vintage Borsalino:

Hi Hemingway Jones
Nice bag, it is a Billingham?

Regards

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
here's what I'm at.

black wide brim
tan homburg
grey thin ribbon
brown rollable
greenish rollable
milan straw
fuzzy wide brim
JW marriott hat
in the mail:
black homburg
velour fedora

mingoslim

Practically Family
I just picked up a Borso on eBay . . .

I just picked up this Borso on eBay . . . It does not look like much in the images that were posted on eBay, but I think once I get my hands on it, steam it, brush it, and bash it, that I will have a little treausre on my hands . . .

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t53/mingoslim/borsalino1.jpg

I will, of course, post better pics once I have the hat in hand, as it were.

DOUGLAS

Mingoslim, That is a nice looking hat. I almost bid on that one myself. Did you bid on the other one also?

riccardo

Practically Family
Very good hat!
I had bid on it...one of the first bid...wow compliments for a great bid and a great hat.
Good luck with this hat and show us your pics.
Sincerely, Riccardo.
mingoslim said:
I just picked up this Borso on eBay . . . It does not look like much in the images that were posted on eBay, but I think once I get my hands on it, steam it, brush it, and bash it, that I will have a little treausre on my hands . . .

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t53/mingoslim/borsalino1.jpg

I will, of course, post better pics once I have the hat in hand, as it were.

mingoslim

Practically Family
I bid both

DOUGLAS said:
Mingoslim, That is a nice looking hat. I almost bid on that one myself. Did you bid on the other one also?

But I only picked up the one . . . The images of the other looked good too, and I htink whoever got it will be equally happy . . . But with the wider band and narrower brim (and the fact that i had already won the first) I was not willing to bid it quite as high.

Truth is, I have about blown my hat budget for the next couple of months!

mingoslim

Practically Family
riccardo said:
Very good hat!
I had bid on it...one of the first bid...wow compliments for a great bid and a great hat.
Good luck with this hat and show us your pics.
Sincerely, Riccardo.

Thanks Riccardo . . .
I know a couple of other Loungers had bids in . . . And although I paid a bit more than I really wanted to, I think this one is going to be a keeper, and still a steal of a deal.

DOUGLAS

It is going to be a good one mingoslim. I would love to see some pics when you get it.

M_Jones

One of the Regulars
DOUGLAS said:

I got the other one DOUGLAS. When I saw both go up for sale I knew that I would end up owning one of them if not both. This will be my third vintage Borsalino in six weeks. I can't stop. lol The bad part is that I have spent so much money on hats lately that I need to cal it quits for a while. They sure seem like nice lids. I can't wait to get mine. :D

DOUGLAS

Congrats M_Jones, be sure to post some photos Please. I have a gut feeling these hats are really good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff