Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
I've found a couple. On our last trip I found a gorgeous homburg I sold either here or on eBay.... Can't remember now lol
Check it out, found in a tiny old shop in Venezia we (that's my wife and I) encounter by accident.

36.jpg

bond

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey guys Iam picking up the largely anticipated Borso that's been missing in action for about 3 months since the cleaners had ruined it.(had sent out to be redyed )so tomorrow I finally get to see what it looks like and if it will be the same hat at all?
Iam more curious and hardly optimistic but let's see, I will post pics as soon as I can.

bond

I Am still looking for that Borso xx in a tan/brown color in size 6 punti, If any one has one to sell.circa 1940s.
Thanks

bond

l have pics of the newly cleaned and blocked borso that has somehow been redeemed by a miracle! It looks really awesome and I have not seen anything of the likes as of this one now that the dirt and grime have been removed .The hat has been revealed to its true
"Avorio" ivory color. It is now also sporting a oval block thats fitting as well. You would never have guessed that this has has been so traumatized as it
has been over the past 4 months that it has been out of my hands. Its fair to say now that this is probably going to be a keeper,
meaning I might hang on to it until the next best thing comes along.
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z394/zenguy101/IMG_1786.jpg
[/IMG[IMG]http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z394/zenguy101/IMG_1788.jpg

Last edited:

bond

Yes ,its hard to believe. In the original photo the color was definitely more of a lt grey, this is I think is the real color as it was intended.
How do you like that bash?

bond

Just wanted to let everyone know that I will be offering up (2-3) Borsalino straw stingy brims in the next wk. These are all in excellent to mint condition. All are in size 7 3/8. Watch for update and pics. Thanks

I believe Angora is based on the the finish rather than felt content (typical rabbit / hare mix). If you steam and brush counter clockwise (with the nap) it will take on a different look.

Last edited:

bond

Here are some pics of my Newer Charcoal Grey Trionfo that I had customized with a vintage Merlot wine colored ribbon. I left the original ribbon on and the new one cleverly hooks over the original for easy removal. The color of the ribbon and the hat is much nicer than the photo. Thanks to my new milliner friends,John and Kate at the Brass Rooster,which recently opened a shop in Milwaukee I can now have the rest of my collection serviced as well.
IMG_1797.jpg

bond

Thank you , a stylish girlfriend suggested the color,and yes I think it looks pretty good, the ribbon detail is very good quality work too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner