Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

BianconeriAddicts

New in Town
Hello guys I would need another tip on your part. You will definitely know more than me about the vintage hats. The question is how much should I pay for this hat? And could you indentify the year on this hat? Thanks in advance

116maft.jpg

29hlqf.jpg

2yv8h8i.jpg

sk1.jpg

Hello guys I would need another tip on your part. You will definitely know more than me about the vintage hats. The question is how much should I pay for this hat? And could you indentify the year on this hat? Thanks in advance

It's hard to date and price Borsalino hats. The photos are not the best so it could have condition issues (I can see the reed is exposed in some places on the sweatband). It would help to see the paper label behind the sweatband for dating although my guess is it's an older one. What size is it?

Last edited:

BianconeriAddicts

New in Town
It's hard to date and price Borsalino hats. The photos are not the best so it could have condition issues (I can see the reed is exposed in some places on the sweatband). It would help to see the paper label behind the sweatband for dating although my guess is it's an older one. What size is it?

He doesn't know the size and when I asked to measuring it he answered that is 51 cm :eeek: there is only a paper label behind the sweatband where it is written "4". Is that the size? it may be so small?

Last edited:

BianconeriAddicts

New in Town
Yes 4 is probably the French Point size so 55cm and Borsalinos tend to run small (so probably more like 54cm and might have shrunk some). I would ask for inside front to back and side to side measurements.

http://germanaustrianhats.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/196-der-filzhut-seine-geschichte-und-seine-herstellung-1936-hat-size-conversion-table/

I would pass if it is a small size unless it's a really low price (just to take a look at it). It does look like a nice one.

Thanks for your help, he asked me 90 usd but now I understand that it is not in my size [huh]

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Gentlemen of the Brotherhood,

Curious about these two Brosalinos I recently purchased. They have the "Original House" sweats, but the liner and production tags indicate an early 80's provenance. What say you?

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0363.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0364.JPG

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Thank you, Mayser. They're both "Peluche" so they look like many of your beautiful hats. And, yes, they have paper labels behind the sweatbands. The upper right hand number of the gray one starts with 82 and the black one with 81. My assumption is that that means 1982 and 1981.

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
Bravo Bruno. The Borsalinos are really beautiful.
They seems to me from the late seventies or first eighties as Steve just said
The linen is stichted or glued? Some pictures of the paper label will helps.
"Pelouche" is for babies puppets :D and a French word.....

Miamibruno

One Too Many
Daniele - They are from the early 80s. The tag is the same as Mayser's tag. Thank you for the compliment (you, too, Mayser). They are wonderful hats. I love the styling. Stammi bene.

captainc0bra

New in Town
According to how people are saying to date these by the serial number, I am assuming this one is 1919? Just found it at an antique store for a cool 18 bucks :)

29wpk0g.jpg

s3llow.jpg

11rc4xt.jpg

4h77np.jpg

95n800.jpg

Anyone got any info or what have you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner