Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Daniele Tanto

I'll Lock Up
I keep looking for a real Borsalino, so will all you Borsalino Brothers please stop buying up hats in my size? Especially when they don't fit you and are destined to sit on a shelf. Open the tent and let some others in please. :)

Really nice hat and obviously, I'm jealous.
I am here, ready to negotiate without problems. ;)
Please note that shipping from Italy to Texas costs around US $ 35.
For the price of the Borsalino and its brothers send me PM. Thanks

I am here, ready to negotiate without problems. ;)
Please note that shipping from Italy to Texas costs around US $ 35.
For the price of the Borsalino and its brothers send me PM. Thanks

I wear a 7 1/8 in a Cavanagh, Dobbs or Stetson. I am told Borsalinos run small and I should look for a 7 1/4.

was going to say I’m sure it could be pried away from Daniele for the right offer. It is a wonderful color combination

This was just posted on youtube. Thanks go out to our own Steve @mayserwegener , who contributed in no small part to the vlog. Quite informative and therefore recommended.

For a modern fashion video, it was nicely done. Accurate information and a good assessment of modern Borsalinos.

I disagreed on his assessment that the 2 1/2” wide brim was too wide for his face, but as he said, that’s all subjective. To my eye, the 1 7/8” brim was much too short.

Steve’s contributions are what really gave the video it’s weight. Hats off to Steve!

For a modern fashion video, it was nicely done. Accurate information and a good assessment of modern Borsalinos.

I disagreed on his assessment that the 2 1/2” wide brim was too wide for his face, but as he said, that’s all subjective. To my eye, the 1 7/8” brim was much too short.

Steve’s contributions are what really gave the video it’s weight. Hats off to Steve!
Brent, Thanks! I provided links to my info / some background info and some hats. I think they did a good job with the video. I believe he said the late 1930s Echter Borsalino I provided was overall the best. Personally I am from 'whatever you like" go for it camp. :)

This was just posted on youtube. Thanks go out to our own Steve @mayserwegener , who contributed in no small part to the vlog. Quite informative and therefore recommended.
Stefan, Thanks! I think they did a good / fair job with the video. The owner of G.G. Raphael and his wife visited my house about 10 years ago to see my hat collection. I also provided some Stiff Felts for their Bowler video.

Christopher Smith

New in Town
Hello everyone,

Just recently bought this Borsalino from Etsy. Was wondering if anyone could help me put a date on it. I've read in other places on this forum that the first two numbers of the serial number indicate the year which it was made. That would indicate this hat is from 1928 which I'm not so sure of. On the interior tag it also has the number 1938 followed by a "P". So I'm not sure if that could be the year. It also came open-crown, which from what I understand was more common pre-World War 2. I know open-crown hats existed after World War 2 and still exist today, but thought that might be helpful information. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, just kind of a broader question, I know there is also a thread for dating vintage hats. So when there is a crossover of potential threads to post in (whether to post here in "Borsalino Brotherhood" or another thread for dating vintage hats) is there a rule as to which one I should post in? Just thought that was a question worth asking.

Attachments

• IMG_3530.JPG
    IMG_3530.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3532.JPG
    IMG_3532.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 135
  • IMG_3540.JPG
    IMG_3540.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 128
  • IMG_3542.JPG
    IMG_3542.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 134
  • IMG_3543.JPG
    IMG_3543.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 188
  • IMG_3544.JPG
    IMG_3544.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3546.JPG
    IMG_3546.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 177
Hello everyone,

Just recently bought this Borsalino from Etsy. Was wondering if anyone could help me put a date on it. I've read in other places on this forum that the first two numbers of the serial number indicate the year which it was made. That would indicate this hat is from 1928 which I'm not so sure of. On the interior tag it also has the number 1938 followed by a "P". So I'm not sure if that could be the year. It also came open-crown, which from what I understand was more common pre-World War 2. I know open-crown hats existed after World War 2 and still exist today, but thought that might be helpful information. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, just kind of a broader question, I know there is also a thread for dating vintage hats. So when there is a crossover of potential threads to post in (whether to post here in "Borsalino Brotherhood" or another thread for dating vintage hats) is there a rule as to which one I should post in? Just thought that was a question worth asking.

Apparently you haven’t heard about it being bad luck to put your hat on a bed. Sadly, all that can be done now is to give the hat away. I’ll send you my address by PM. :)

Great hat! We all wish dating hats was as easy as looking for some date code hidden in serial number etc., but we’re not so lucky. It’s a non-celled label and it has the cloth frayed edge size tag. I’ll leave it to others to give a date range, but I don’t think it’s 1920s or ‘30s. Regardless, it’s an extraordinary hat and one most of us would love to have in our collections.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21