Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BORSALINO BROTHERHOOD

Brent Hutto

One of the Regulars
Bill Greene said:
CloseBorsa.jpg

MyBA.jpg

I snapped this cellphone photo yesterday when I saw Bill's hat. Sort of like twins, maybe his is "Taupe" as well.

Samuel

Practically Family
Howdy my first post here.

I'm new here and I would love to join such a distinguished brotherhood. I love Borsalino hats, its that fascination with all things Italian, cars, women, architecture, food,and finally hats.

I have had my sights on an Alesandria style hat, but was talked out of one by the salesman who sold me my Borsalino como. I have always wanted a brown hat especially after watching Mr. Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo wear one. Vertigo is one of my favorite Hitchcock movies, its very German expressionist in feeling, with all the wild angles.

However Mr. Stewart has such charming and distinguished style in that mesmerizing movie. I'm still working on obtaining a cool three piece brown suit with my local tailor. that would complete the Stewart look that I so love.

DSCN0164.jpg

I will be taking pics of just the hat tomorrow as i ran out of natural light when i took this picture. I hope to be accepted.
Thanks;)

Samuel

Practically Family
Samuel said:
I'm new here and I would love to join such a distinguished brotherhood. I love Borsalino hats, its that fascination with all things Italian, cars, women, architecture, food,and finally hats.

I have had my sights on an Alesandria style hat, but was talked out of one by the salesman who sold me my Borsalino como. I have always wanted a brown hat especially after watching Mr. Jimmy Stewart in Vertigo wear one. Vertigo is one of my favorite Hitchcock movies, its very German expressionist in feeling, with all the wild angles.

However Mr. Stewart has such charming and distinguished style in that memorizing movie. I'm still working on obtaining a cool three piece brown suit with my local tailor. that would complete the Stewart look that I so love.

DSCN0164.jpg

I will be taking pics of just the hat tomorrow as i ran out of natural light when i took this picture. I hope to be accepted.
Thanks;)

DSCN0166.jpg

DSCN0176-1.jpg

Ordinary Guy

One Too Many
Well if you guys are still accepting applications into the Brotherhood, I would like to apply.

I finally got tired of trying to find a nice light gray Alessandria . Either they are not my size or in bad shape and last but not least, I don't bid high enough...

So I bought myself one for Christmas.....

Here's hoping you all are still in the Christmas Spirit and my application is excepted even though it is not vintage.

33w0745.jpg

Samuel

Practically Family
The rest of the stroy...

DSCN0177.jpg

DSCN0171.jpg

These are some other shots the sun was really strong so one of the foto's was washed out, sorry. I dont like the ribbon on this Como, I'm interested in changing it out ASAP. I am conservative and not too flashy so I want something in keeping with the Italian school but with a little pizazz. I rebashed this hat too, factory bashing is for the birds...No offense. ;)

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Ordinary Guy said:
Here's hoping you all are still in the Christmas Spirit and my application is excepted even though it is not vintage.

33w0745.jpg

Why, of course! Your application was accepted and passed the test - welcome to the brotherhood! That Borso is looking great on you! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

billysmom

One Too Many
Mario said:
Uh-oh...I just caught Mr. P lurking in the bushes somewhere around here - you better be careful not to get caught in that one or you'll end up in a mighty nasty federal prison in no time at all! :eek: :p :D :eusa_clap

It would be a state lock-up - Mr. P enforces his interpretation of a Texas statute that defines disorderly conduct by stingy brim. Remember that we're in the land of big hats. (And big hair ;) .)

Sue

Samuel

Practically Family
billysmom said:
It would be a state lock-up - Mr. P enforces his interpretation of a Texas statute that defines disorderly conduct by stingy brim. Remember that we're in the land of big hats. (And big hair ;) .)

Sue

So True Sue, so true...:eusa_clap

Scott Wood

Practically Family
I'm sure I read somewhere that...

Throwing a quick question out there:
Is it true that on older Borsalinos you can tell the year of manufacture from the first two digits of the five digit number on the paper under-sweat tag?[huh]

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Scott Wood said:
Throwing a quick question out there:
Is it true that on older Borsalinos you can tell the year of manufacture from the first two digits of the five digit number on the paper under-sweat tag?[huh]
No, its hats from the mid 1970's forward only and not 5-digit.
3926055269_2b2fab206a.jpg

In above RLK sample 94XXXXXXX the production year is 1994.[/QUOTE]

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Only his hairdresser knows for sure...

Watching "The Mentalist" when I glanced at one of my hat shelves.
Bet you can't tell which two are the Borsos...:rolleyes:
100_0289.jpg

(hint: the one that doesn't stand out is really close to the one that doeslol )

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Borsalino "Uranio"

My new and first-ever cavanagh edge (bordo doppio) hat. Won it on Ebay last week and I picked it up last night after work. Although it was packed very well inside and with "fragile/handle with care" stickers all over the box, it looked as if the oblivious fedex guy loaded a ton of boxes on top of it. Check out the pictures.
I'd like to get an idea of the age of this hat, so any hints are greatly appreciated. The color under the sweat reads "uranio" (a very deep charcoal grey) so I decided to name the hat like that:

Right out of the box (bad lighting as it was late at night when I shoot)

DSC04466.jpg

DSC04470.jpg

The inside:

BorsalinoUranio3.jpg

Uranio1.jpg

Uranio.jpg

After some time with the steamer and brush; open crown, hideous feather gone and wind trolley repaired:

BorsalinoUranio2.jpg

This morning:

BorsalinoUranio1.jpg

BorsalinoUranio.jpg

jeffconnors

A-List Customer
Aureliano said:
My new and first-ever cavanagh edge (bordo doppio) hat. Won it on Ebay last week and I picked it up last night after work. Although it was packed very well inside and with "fragile/handle with care" stickers all over the box, it looked as if the oblivious fedex guy loaded a ton of boxes on top of it. Check out the pictures.
I'd like to get an idea of the age of this hat, so any hints are greatly appreciated. The color under the sweat reads "uranio" (a very deep charcoal grey) so I decided to name the hat like that:

Right out of the box (bad lighting as it was late at night when I shoot)

DSC04466.jpg

DSC04470.jpg

The inside:

BorsalinoUranio3.jpg

Uranio1.jpg

Uranio.jpg

After some time with the steamer and brush; open crown, hideous feather gone and wind trolley repaired:

BorsalinoUranio2.jpg

This morning:

BorsalinoUranio1.jpg

BorsalinoUranio.jpg

Could you explain your steaming process? I have a few hats from ebay that are crushed like the one you got and need some tlc, i just don't want to totally wreck them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner