Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The BOX BRIGADE

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Post your box bows here...

Artlite

BoxArt.jpg

Optimo Rush Street

BoxOptimo.jpg

Optimo Manhattan

Optimo3.jpg

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Very nice B, the top VS has Art`s double inverted boxes, but I don`t recognise the one below...which hat is that!?

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
daizawaguy said:
Very nice B, the top VS has Art`s double inverted boxes, but I don`t recognise the one below...which hat is that!?

Thanks. I better label those pictures. The bottom is a Stephen Stetson

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
lol lol Thats great Feltfan. Thanks for being inclusive to the thin ribbon weirdos:cheers1: Oopps, I meant 'thin ribbon enthusiasts':D

avedwards

Call Me a Cab
Do German tracht hats (made from loden felt) count as having box bands? They do have the boxes that some of the ribbons here have but usually the band is not grosgrain but made from the same felt as the hat, giving it the advantage of lasting as long as the hat does without needing replacement.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Dinerman said:
Dobbs
Cye Stacey Custom
IMG_1062-1.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

Does any one have an idea how the wind cord works on the Cye Stacey above? It seems to be fastened by the button - or at least the button looped to the hat - whereas the button usually is able to be taken to the lapel...?

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
The button is attached to the hat. the free end is a loop. You loop it over a button on your shirt/coat instead of putting the wind string button into a buttonhole. This setup isn't as uncommon as you might think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic