Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1940's Stetson Playboy w/box

I'm sure the expert here will have more to say but color and size are also determining factors along with it being a lined or unlined model. Looking for similar hats that have sold on eBay will help you in determining the going rate for Playboys as well as checking the sale pages to see what folks are asking for their hats. Playboys are popular hats around here.

What would be a fair price to pay for a 1940's Stetson Playboy with the box in pristine, unworn condition?

Depends. If I'm selling, $300. If I'm buying, $1.

As Bama says, it depends on size, condition, etc. You see them get pretty pricey; however, I have about a half dozen of them in a popular size and I don't think I paid more than $120 for any of them.

gilligan

One of the Regulars
I'm sure the expert here will have more to say but color and size are also determining factors along with it being a lined or unlined model. Looking for similar hats that have sold on eBay will help you in determining the going rate for Playboys as well as checking the sale pages to see what folks are asking for their hats. Playboys are popular hats around here.
I saw one on a site where the woman has one in a 7 1/2 with the liner, and never worn. She's wants $100 for it. I thought this was a great price considering from what I've seen others sell for. Just wanted to get the opinion from here as it's good to know this is a trusted site with a great bunch of hat enthusiasts with a common interest and a ton of knowledge.

I saw one on a site where the woman has one in a 7 1/2 with the liner, and never worn. She's wants $100 for it. I thought this was a great price considering from what I've seen others sell for. Just wanted to get the opinion from here as it's good to know this is a trusted site with a great bunch of hat enthusiasts with a common interest and a ton of knowledge.

Dude, buy it. Even if it doesn't fit!

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
If these are indeed the specifics, and you asked honestly for a fair price, then you prob outta give her some more $ to be fair to her for what sounds like a very nice 40s Playboy.
That’s the honest answer.
B

StoryPNW

Practically Family
That's my size if you don't want it I do!

gilligan

One of the Regulars
Dude, buy it. Even if it doesn't fit!
I would love to buy it. I even hit the buy it now button but the woman never replied. That was over a week ago. It's just very strange and this woman won't even contact me. If it's sold, then at least let me know. This isn't the first time a seller never replied back even when you offer them what they want for it. It's too strange and was almost too good to be true.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner