Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Brotherhood of the Thin Ribbon

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Requesting to join this noble brotherhood with my new (by way of Perry) Stetson Stratoliner.

4586fcc2.jpg

ac7cbe7b.jpg

zetwal

I'll Lock Up
Requesting to join this noble brotherhood with my new (by way of Perry) Stetson Stratoliner.

Welcome! I really do think that we saw you wearing a thin ribbon some years ago (before you rejected the notion). Be that as it may, it's good to have you back ... ;)

Aureliano

I'll Lock Up
Thanks! You know what, Zetwal? you're right! I bought a vintage Alessandria at the time I joined the lounge. First hat I ever sold here! good memory, man!

jerrea

New in Town
Please excuse my ignorance, but could someone please explain the difference between an Open Road and The Stratoliner? In looking at hats online, I see the Strat with Open Road in ( ).

humanshoes

One Too Many
Fine looking hats here. I've been a thin ribbon man since my grandfather gave me one of his old Stetson OR's some 40 years ago. Is that Campdraft the Taupe/Fawn color? If so, I'm sold on it.

Please excuse my ignorance, but could someone please explain the difference between an Open Road and The Stratoliner? In looking at hats online, I see the Strat with Open Road in ( ).
Mainly the flange used on the brim. Initially, they both came open crown then the OR went to alpine/cattleman crease then a lower crown all together. The Strat came out as a low priced model where OR was offered in a range of levels. The brim of the Strat has a more pronounced cupping to it.

Dundee

A-List Customer
There are more pictures in the "The Conversion Corral" thread. I just thought I would add a couple pics in this thread. I figured 5/8 inch ribbon would be thin enough.....:)

DSC06875.jpg

Very nice conversion. What is crown dimensions and the brim width on the conversion?

DSC06874.jpg

DSC06900.jpg

DSC06895.jpg

DSC06894.jpg

DSC06892.jpg
:eusa_clap

deanzat

One of the Regulars
There are many like it, but this one is mine.

154651907.jpg
After a southern California soaking. Love the lines of this hat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto