Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Adnamira

A-List Customer
My Retro Sport is a size 60. My actual head size is 59.5. The cap is a bit loose on me, so maybe it is more like a 61. Got to be careful though, someone else on this thread bought a retro a size small and it was too tight. Thing I noticed with a lot of brands is that cap fit can vary with the fabric - you can get away with a looser fit with the thicker stiffer wools, but with the lighter fabrics you have to be more careful.

Adnamira

A-List Customer
I'd say if you are between sizes then going the smaller size would probably work with the retro. Sounds like it isn't wise to go a full size too small, first time though.... sizes within brands can vary too. If you ever buy a City Sport and are between sizes, go the larger size - they have padded brims and will give a bit, but their sizing is snug.

Flat Foot Floey

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I was the one who bought a cap too small.^^
I would say they are true to size. If you are goin to put a leather sweat in the "half size" would come in handy methinks.

randooch

I'll Lock Up
My brother went to a car show in Spokane and took this shot.
attachment

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Another Wigens, vest and scarf moment. I can't believe I have so many caps and not one that really goes well with this scarf - it's an oversized merino wool scarf handloomed in India that I bought on ebay. Actually I should have take a picture with the retro sport, because it doesn't look too bad with it.

537685_10150842660957957_734412956_9695876_637168505_n.jpg

Adnamira

A-List Customer
Looks great, HatsWV. Great price. I'm starting to drift back to flat cap/driver cap or whatever they are, seeing more of these larger dimension style ones. They are easier to manage and look neat and tidy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner