Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Not yet. Che and Johnny purchased some after RLK told everyone about them. They are nice just need a leather sweatband to be true to vintage. Otherwise they have the proper bill and drape. I have been waiting to see what new materials they where coming out with.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
I was checking eBay today and noticed that Retro Sport has some new caps online today.

$(KGrHqR,!h4E-(cIICKlBPyKfnOr+g~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!pcE-v7BsPlyBPyKftqsmw~~60_57.JPG

This one is my favorite. No leather sweatbands on these.[/QUOTE

Nice fabric! The only thing I notice that they could have done better is match up the lines on the brim fabric to the rest of cap.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Johnny, looks fantastic. What do you use for the shield / bill? Is it pliable and holds the form?

Thin plastic sheet I found a Hobby Lobby. Its thinner then the one they use for the Retro Sport and to me its not bad at all. My vintage Melrov newsboy has something very similar, not hard at all. So I think this is good for now.

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
thanks johnny, i'd like to start up on a new one. this was my fifth attempt on a newsboy, i'd like to try a one piece. its difficult finding good fabric here in winnipeg.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Johnny J
Looks real good & yea lined up perfect.....compared to the Retro-Sport.....You pay attention to detail.
That is a important oversight on their part...
cool how your caps are coming out.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
You pay attention to detail.

I guess that's why I'm so picky when it comes to clothing. Thanks Che. Going to L.A. tomorrow to see what I find in fabrics. If anyone recommends a certain wool, like tweed's, or patterns, like houndstooth, checks, plaids, or linens etc., that they would like to see for my next caps, let me know and I can see what they have.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Johnny lke Che said that is sweet pattern work. It takes time getting that detail right. Some line patterns would be nice with the summer coming.:) Wearing my Mr. Freedom today with the temp's in the 50's.
A Hickory pattern (Hickory cloth is a twilled cloth, similar to denim but softer and usually of narrow blue and white stripes, sometimes brown and white stripes.) would make a nice cap.
Hickory.jpg

Fisher stripe

FS-fisher%20stripe-Denim

Dongeal tweed makes a great cap.
6791986137_61c9d7b918_n.jpg

Molloy and Sons/makes great dongeal tweed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW