Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Paul Roerich

"A List" Customer
... I notice a lot of wrinkling happening under the brim, I had that problem with my caps, but the fusible interfacing and some stitching cured that problem.

Good observation. 'Mister Freedom' makes its cap visors horizontally straight. Mando probably purposely curved his cap's visor, and doing so caused the wrinkling of the fabric. As you say, fusible interfacing and stitching would have prevented the wrinkling.

seabass

Call Me a Cab
I want to add a Compliment to your little French cap !
good job on the sizing & great pics on the link.
Bravo it is a very cool cap !

Really? I thought it was quite dull. [huh] I guess it is a bit out of the ordinary in that gab fabric, though. The liner is indeed one of the best I've seen.

Baron, I've gotten more compliments on this cap of yours than I have on any other. People just 'flip out' over it. I've worn it nearly every day for a week, and love to show off its fantastic liner logo. So .... thank you!!

I'm interested: do your stretched caps retain the "new" size, or do you have to periodically "re-re-size"? I've found with fedoras that I need to keep resizing, as they tend to revert.

St. Valentine

A-List Customer
Very sharp caps here Gentlemen! I am so happy that Johnny makes caps in this style, otherwise I would never find one in my size. :eusa_doh:

Pinesiw

A-List Customer
Now available for online purchase! If anybody interested, ive been wearing this cap for years, warm wool blend cap with earflaps
https://crowncap.com/shop/wool-blend-donegal-ivy-cap/
aa0bb57c73849969344ffd5dbaa1b7a9.jpg

1415e41e91f23702d098286886349b89.jpg

5ee3b8569748630fba54b2e8713d2afc.jpg

macstro

New in Town
Manfred- Thank you very much for the welcome and for your thoughts. I agree, the Wigens is very similar with a few small/slight differences. I will give it some thought. Any other suggestions are very appreciated from the rest of the Cap Faction.

davidraphael

Practically Family
German 2nd hand shop find:

Suede newsboy. Looks like it was never worn! The bottom image looks a bit like it has stains on it but the marks are actually just shadows.

img7677xx.jpg

img7675xx.jpg

img7676xxx.jpg

macstro

New in Town
That doesn't mean the wigens isn't a better cap. :)
Johnny J makes a mean cap like this.

Oh I'm sure the Dockers cap is a sad excuse for a cap compared to a Wigens, plus I'm not too hopeful it'll even fit well. Those department store caps are always too small/shallow for my dome. It's definately the right look/style though.

And I'll ask Johnny J about that, thanks again Ed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW