Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

howardeye

Practically Family
My new Mr Freedom my wife bought me for Valentines Day early! Never thought I would be wearing one of these pie plates. Thanks Ed for the inspiration! I will redo them with a camera and not a phone when I have time.

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
The fabric looks great looks like a light weight fabric that can be moved around. Suggest laying the cap flat then placing on head then cocking the cap to one side. I wear mine with the right side down. Placing the cap straight on your head just doesn't look right to me. Especially one with a full crown such as the Mr. Freedom. Looks like it is not a Extra full crown which is good to know. Just that the fabric is light weight and therefore moves around some.
It must have taken a lot of begging to get your wife to let your wife give it too you early.:D.
Hope it doesn't cost you too much.:)

howardeye

Practically Family
The fabric IS a lighter weight not as thick as denim making it easy to move or shape it any way a person would like. This fabric is so forgiving it will look different every time you flop it on the noggin. Basically it is an 8 panel beret, with 8 points, with a bill or brim installed. The snap is black and the button on top is covered with the same fabric as the cap. It is not a full cut which I am thankful so there is no mushroom shape. Nothing wrong with mushroom shape, I like them also. I like them all! I will add pics laying flat both sides tonight. And yes it does lay flat like a beret. The price is what the website states which I think is quite reasonable. I would not make one for that amount. I had the wife purchase it for me because of the color and striping not the price or who made it. It was a great choice! As you know once the vintage material is gone it is gone. I sure would like to have a leather one like Che is wearing in earlier posts. Would not turn down a lambskin model either. Sorry, I have to wear all hats straight up! If I was to tilt them it would throw off my thinking and my balance! Still have not found a replacement for the Robo Cap that is no longer made. Have not seen yours yet!

12 inches diameter

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Oh Wow
Berts is nice yea that Mr Freedom is something else. & like you say once there gone thats it
So you & Lefty have the same too.....

Ed, Did you get a Mr Freedom also ? Now i can really see the fleck in Johnnys Cap & that did go very well with the duds real nice TWH..

HA Ha,, the Biker caps are Fun ,,, you have some good ones there Bert.
I had some real old one's years ago Nicer than my Brown one...
the Diamond Dave is made out of vintage fabric & feels like a wool whip cord it has the (thingy) in it to puff the front up for a badge or something.
But i like to Smash em down.. & stream line em. Super cool with a old Hog but cant do that in CA

The wild records caps are real well made ,, I have seen a few of those

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Lefty !
Gotcha,
Man thats some nice stuff on yours too the weave is great & complex
So how do you like yours so far, Have you been wearin it ?

I got these in recently.. Pardon the sloppy wrinkles...I have some serious steaming & ironing to do here

Vintage Workwear Cap ,, cotton no labels.
232323232%7Ffp543%3A2%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C89532%3C%3B34%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp734%3A5%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C89532%3C634%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp543%3A9%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C89532%3C734%3Bnu0mrj

RRL
Not a big crown cap.
I am surprised that this new cap would be so wrinkled...
I hope the fabric irons out well to get a taller structure out of the rear pleats.
232323232%7Ffp543%3A2%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C895333234%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp543%3A%3A%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C895333734%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp54348%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C895333634%3Bnu0mrj
232323232%7Ffp54359%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C895333834%3Bnu0mrj

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Man thats some nice stuff on yours too the weave is great & complex
So how do you like yours so far, Have you been wearin it ?

Love it. My other caps now seem like the stingy fedoras I wore when I got into fedoras - nice, but inadequate.
I'm in Ohio, so the days I wear it can vary. Yesterday, the high was near t-shirt weather for January here - 65 degrees, and it worked well.
Today's windy and snowy high was 25, which we hit just after midnight, and I was under a wool watch cap.

howardeye

Practically Family
Love it. My other caps now seem like the stingy fedoras I wore when I got into fedoras - nice, but inadequate.
I'm in Ohio, so the days I wear it can vary. Yesterday, the high was near t-shirt weather for January here - 65 degrees, and it worked well.
Today's windy and snowy high was 25, which we hit just after midnight, and I was under a wool watch cap.

That is a great looking cap you have also! I was debating heavily between the 3 blues. I will probably own all 3 one day since they match my motorcycles and my wife's truck which she lets me drive sometimes. Where are you at in Ohio. It is -11 with windchill here on the shore of Lake Michigan in Gary. I was working 12 hour shifts during that warm spell and missed it totally. I am still a stingy fan wear one every day to work. I have a small locker to store it in. My wife thinks I have lost my mind wearing the 8 panel cap. She will get used to it.

howardeye

Practically Family
Oh Wow
Berts is nice yea that Mr Freedom is something else. & like you say once there gone thats it
So you & Lefty have the same too.....

Ed, Did you get a Mr Freedom also ? Now i can really see the fleck in Johnnys Cap & that did go very well with the duds real nice TWH..

HA Ha,, the Biker caps are Fun ,,, you have some good ones there Bert.
I had some real old one's years ago Nicer than my Brown one...
the Diamond Dave is made out of vintage fabric & feels like a wool whip cord it has the (thingy) in it to puff the front up for a badge or something.
But i like to Smash em down.. & stream line em. Super cool with a old Hog but cant do that in CA

The wild records caps are real well made ,, I have seen a few of those

Thanks for the compliments. The Diamond Dave cap you are wearing is the best cap I have ever seen. I have never worn anything that was brown including leather but since joining this forum I am amazed by the brown leather coats, hats, and shoes I have seen. I would never of put one of them platters on my head either. I am weakening and almost looking stylish. Actually what you see in my avitar is what I wear performing weddings and funerals but with a biker cap. And by the way, I am blessed with no helmet law in this state. Hogs with or without caps here! They even raised the bar height a couple of years ago and now I am not even breaking the law when I ride.

473354_364989940224224_290574104_o.jpg

Indiana cap in action made from the skin of an animal on my wife's 87 stock FLST.

Last edited:

howardeye

Practically Family
Looks like a modern day ball cap under that wooly material. Looks like he is thinking about riding his first Indian or Harley motorcycle! I have seen that look many times!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the compliments. The Diamond Dave cap you are wearing is the best cap I have ever seen. I have never worn anything that was brown including leather but since joining this forum I am amazed by the brown leather coats, hats, and shoes I have seen. I would never of put one of them platters on my head either. I am weakening and almost looking stylish. Actually what you see in my avitar is what I wear performing weddings and funerals but with a biker cap. And by the way, I am blessed with no helmet law in this state. Hogs with or without caps here! They even raised the bar height a couple of years ago and now I am not even breaking the law when I ride.

473354_364989940224224_290574104_o.jpg

Indiana cap in action made from the skin of an animal on my wife's 87 stock FLST.
Bert,
Nice Cap you got on that nice hog
No Cap But
20 + years ago No cap or helmet & I dug Pull back bars, 55 hog:cool:
232323232%7Ffp543%3B9%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D35%3C8%3B5%3A34534%3Bnu0mrj

I have tried riding with a fedora & did lose one

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace