Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Leamas

New in Town
Question for anyone that owns a Johnathan Richard ivy cap. How long is the bill/peak of the cap? I ask b/c if the bill isn't at least 2 inches long it looks too small on me profile wise. If it's not 2 inches or greater I'm looking at getting a Jonathan Richard driver cap as it has the extended bill/peak. I called Bencraft hatters hoping they could tell me, but the guy on the other line said he did not know and that I was the first person to ever ask such a question. [huh] Struck me as odd considering I can hop on the Village Hat Shop website and find the diameter and bill size for all of their Jaxon hats and most other brands too. Clearly it's info. they feel is important to the customer. At any rate, any help is appreciated. As for Bencraft, looks like I'll be buying the cap elsewhere. If it matters, I wear a large or a 7 and 3/8.

Best regards,

Leamas

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Leamas,
Thats why i go vintage or Custom.......
.A good hat shop should whip out the old measuring tape & get your needed info....
For that kind of money, can i suggest you PM Simonds & get what you want hand made to your specs.
Heck you might save a few bucks too..
he can make those Ivy, Flat, Drivers caps in a bill better than 2'' as standard. & Made to measure.

Last edited:

phebus

One of the Regulars
Hi,
some of you may remember my posts from 2 or 3 weeks ago when I posted pictures of a hat that I made. The general consensus was that it was too small. Well, I tweaked the pattern and this is the result. It sits much better on my head. Some would like it even larger, but I think this is about as large as I dare to go.
Check it out:

howardeye

Practically Family
Looks great to me! i like the pattern. I prefer the smaller diameter cap but I do wear a 12 inch from time to time. It depends on what instrument and songs I am playing. Hardly ever wear a large diameter cap or wide brim fedora in public.

Johnny J

Call Me a Cab
Much better IMO!

IMG_6470.jpg

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
Photo%20Jun%2021%2C%203%2054%2034%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jun%2021%2C%203%2054%2034%20PM%20%281%29.jpg

http://www.robocap.net/

Here is my Robo cap that Bert sent me I have not had a chance to post a picture of it.
This is a true bikers cap and when adjusted it will not come off your head while riding.
I was told so by a co worker who wears one daily. :) He told me the secret of wearing the cap is spray starch as the brim is just a piece of fabric.
Thanks Bert for the cap an the Indian head band for it. Sorry it took so long to post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

howardeye

Practically Family
Looks great Ed! Mine are almost white they have so many miles on them and worn mostly with the bill up. Here is a pic of the cap made into a purse. It turns into a fanny pack, tool pouch, tackle box, purse, and 6 pack carrier!

78BAEB5F-9404-46DA-8F2C-281E39295AD2-499-000000D9C7F6DDF2_zps3bcc713f.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart