Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
The first time with my Sterkowski Cap!

a3ana5yz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

PERFECT! Great combo with the peacoat, too, Manfred. Looks MUCH colder there than here.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Orangegrad

Practically Family
I don't know why, why is the Quality so bad over Tapatalk. I want upload the best Quality but it is reduced to a bad Quality.

I've had the same issue, Manfred. I've uploaded photos by Tapatalk, and though they were taken at high resolution, look great on my camera, they look pathetic on the Lounge.

Same here. By the way thanks Andy & Manfred for the compliment. Its mid 50s (12.5c) here.

I know! I froze my @ss off when I was over there.:D
Where I live is 32c + most of the year.

Last edited:

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Looked like a Minnesota pix Dale, time capsule outfit. Nice doggy too.

Manfred I believe the whatever hosting site Tapatalk uses to store the pix is responsible for reducing the quality. Have a feeling if there's a paid upgrade available (don't know, don't use it) that might be your solution. I gave up with my iPhone camera.

Last edited:
Thanks Richard.
Thanks Mike. I bet Minnesota is a far cry colder than here today. Ellie had zero interest in the squirrels today, she's nearly 14 and failing in health so I'm afraid she might not see another season, but I think she enjoyed getting out.

Last edited:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Che, I've been teaching at textile conferences in Australia & New Zealand for the last dozen years and have always slobbered over the amazing vintage Japanese textiles for sale at these events - now I have an excuse to actually buy them!

Dale, love the cap n'coat, but I REALLY love the old doggy. I've got a puppy over here, so we're at the beginning of that long road. Looks like you've been a good dad way longer than I thought.

Manfred, the Sterkowski is totally sharp with that peacoat. You'll get checked out for sure out there - hope your partner's prepared! :)

On my end, I've gotten an incredible lot of 1920's caps - mostly to sell, but several have migrated to my wardrobe without my intervention, so I'm going with it. Here's one. I call it the Creamed Herring.
creamed-herring1.jpg creamed-herring2.jpg creamed-herring3.jpg creamed-herring4.jpg creamed-herring5.jpg

Thanks Keith. Super nice herringbone fabric on that one. I dig the shades too. You look ready for the summertime.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GilbertHit