Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Here's a pretty flash looking cap from 'The Gaunt Stranger' (1938)

SonnieHale2-WideBoysuit_zpsf0b05622.jpg

SonnieHale4-WideBoysuit_zps60f9408c.jpg

W. Fox & Sons looks nice on you Richard. It's more streamlined on than it looked by itself.
Kangol makes a cap similar to what you described, but I've only seen them in solid colors.
Hope you didn't get any bad storms or floods.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

ManofKent

My Mail is Forwarded Here
W. Fox & Sons looks nice on you Richard. It's more streamlined on than it looked by itself.
Kangol makes a cap similar to what you described, but I've only seen them in solid colors.
Hope you didn't get any bad storms or floods.

Thanks. Faversham was fairly badly flooded - a mile diversion to get to the station, but thankfully my house is on a slight incline.

Pretty killer texture on that old one Two Types. Would love to see what color it is. In my mind's eye it's something off the ordinary like mauve.
Hope you stayed dry too.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I've missed a lot the last few days!

jhe888- thanks for the head shots - the color is just amazing and it suits you well - nice one!!

Pinesiw - great finds!! Yes, if a cap is found from Canada the overwhelming likelihood is that it came from Winnipeg, which apparently was the hat-making center of Canada... And BTW your Cordova looks dynamite.

Johnny - AWESOME cap, great condition and the proportions are great for you. Score!

Richard - love the whole look - you're utterly tweedified! The cap is a great asset.

I really dig that check cap Pinesiw, and you wear it very well. Suits your look perfectly.

babygirl...

One of the Regulars
Manofkent,excellent cap!

TT,thanks for sharing the pics! It's hard to find that kind of fabric in todays world...I can't even imagine what it would be like to own something so rare...Thanks again!

Chepstow

I'll Lock Up
Also new for me! Casquette Supra Sport Luxe from France!
This Cap could be fro the 50s, maybe a little earlier, is in a very very good Condition and now stretched in a size 56!
My friend Keith, was so kindly, thank you so much for the tip and link!

n9hv.jpg

bwce.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Wow, Manfred - FANTASTIC. I saw it sold and I was hoping you were the buyer. It's even nicer than it looked on the bay. The silver twill lining is just amazing.
LOVE to see it on, matey! What a great piece!!!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou