Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

rlk

I'll Lock Up
Penney's 8-Panel

P1070787.JPG P1070786.JPG

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Great Pair of caps Robert
good to see you !
the Knox is very cool
& the Pennys has a nice whipcord ? type fabric...

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Looks wonderful on you, GEF! I have a moth eaten one of that exact model, fabric, size(!) that I took apart to make a pattern from (my 'Canuck'). I love the round shape of the front of the crown. I'm glad there's one in good nick floating around out there!

Keith Lo Bue.
Jeweler, Artisan, Stuffsmith.
http://lobue-art.com
http://keithlobue.com

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
After receiving Barry Simonds' blessing to take on trying my own hand at making the 1920's Golfer cap (either because I'd originally commissioned him to make one, or because he's a really nice fella - or both), I enlisted the able help of a pattern-maker friend to help nut out the very complex construction of the pleats. I added this info to my French 'L'Aronde' 8 dart pattern, extended the visor to the very large size of the original 1920's Golfer, and - voila! 'Le Golfeur'? This is my first attempt, and there are several fixes on the way - shorter pleats, less pointy darts, etc., but it's pretty close to what I was after.

1930's wool, 1920's kimono silk and linen lining, 1930's Bakelite buttons, leather visor, vintage United Carr snap, half-sweat in hand-dyed leather.

golfer-1.jpg golfer-2.jpg golfer-3.jpg golfer-4.jpg golfer-5.jpg golfer-6.jpg

Thanks for the support in letting me go for this, Barry!

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Goldenerafan
Great look overall cap & duds
Good find on the time cap-sul

Keith
The precious materials used in your latest
Just make it a great project with excellent results
Love the xl brim dimension
Your keeping busy in a good way.
Simonds is exactly as mentioned a great guy & cap maker

Forum statistics