Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
SAM_2702_zpsd9bc2781.jpg

Love the hand woven nature of the cap. Might send it off to Johnny to fix the sizing and get a smaller button of the top.

Thanks very much - Keith, sorry you you can't see the linked image... here it is directly.

Like most hats I find in my wife's costume shop, this one has been "adapted" for theater. The original sweatband was removed at some point and replaced with a grosgrain ribbon. It's a small size, made a little larger by the alteration. I donate a lot of stuff to the wardrobe, so every once in a while, I get to trade. I wear this one a lot.

GregNYC

One Too Many
B1ggles, that's funny, could have fooled me on the size!

Alan, and it looks good too! I had a girlfriend who did costume work for theater. She could make everything from shoes to wigs. I regard it as a form of magic!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GregNYC

One Too Many
Two caps today. I actually brought one to work, in addition to the one I was wearing.

On the way to work, a vintage "Fashion Deluxe."

b24a2a181b127b80666a1ca753cf8f7c.jpg

Later, switched to my Simonds 6-pleat tweed.

6d5d8da02b3d25efb330521d6d80475c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregNYC

One Too Many
Keith, good catch! Yes, I am in my office. I actually don't wear headgear very far into the building. I remove hats as I walk through the lower lobby before I get to the elevator.

But I've noticed two things when my colleagues see me carrying my hats and caps in the hallways or when they see me for a bit outside the building. (1) If it's a fedora, they say "Cool hat!" (2) If it's a cap, they don't say anything.

Why not? I'm speculating here, but guess fedoras really stand out. They almost demand attention. But since so many people wear BB caps, and even flat caps, I think that even these great old-school caps sort of recede into the perceptual background. It's hard for people to detect the difference between a wonderful vintage cap and the modern Kangol 504 that people see around town. So caps, even these really nice ones, get no comments unless I'm at a good clothing store or someplace where people "get it."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GregNYC

One Too Many
Thanks, gear-guy. I'm now going through the same newbie learning process with caps that I began with fedoras back in August. Part of that newness is not quite knowing what looks good. So this feedback from more experienced lounge members really helps educate my taste. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seabass

Call Me a Cab
last night
as my grandfather did not take me out unless I was donning a cap or hat
I do the same
so the cow was capped
232323232%7Ffp83232%3Euqcshlukaxroqdfv7%3B4%3Enu%3D8986%3E396%3E25%3A%3EWSNRCG%3D3786925%3A5%3A34%3Bnu0mrj
:cool:
che

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo