Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

GregNYC

One Too Many
84376078a02c162a24148e7773080adc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Time for an appearance by an unusual, contemporary cap, gents. Deep house cleaning over the weekend turned up a nifty little number from a few years back. Just in time for straw season for our pals in the southern hemisphere, a STRAW CAP! Look as I might, I cannot find one like it anywhere. I know there must be more out there, but for the meantime, cap gurus, check it out!

AND, it's weather proof (says the label) so despite the totally real look, it can't be real straw, can it?

:embarassed: On second thought, I think burlap is the cap's material. Synthetic, for sure, since it's weatherproof, but more of a burlap weave.

Dostioffsky

One of the Regulars
Glad to provide some inspiration! Damian, that belted one looks great, looking forward to see the other ones too! I'd like to get the hang of making caps myself. Recently bought a fairly cheap old cap block, so hopefully that will provide me some help!

Here's a few more images I found:

Another 'trench' style
Schermafbeelding2014-12-06om180316_zps224403ea.png

I love the subtle stitching on the bottom one!
Schermafbeelding2014-12-07om161038_zpsf6a578ef.png

And on the band of this one
Schermafbeelding2014-12-07om160535_zps6747c6f3.png

Time for an appearance by an unusual, contemporary cap, gents. Deep house cleaning over the weekend turned up a nifty little number from a few years back.
AND, it's weather proof (says the label) so despite the totally real look, it can't be real straw, can it?
Cool cap, Charlie. Looks good on you, man!

Nice one Charlie! There's tons of great looking cap options out there, but most seem better suited for cooler weather. Good to see some more summertime options.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Nice one hatsRme! It would come in handy over here right about now – nine days of thunderstorms and counting!

Dostioffsky, more winners you just posted – thank you so much, very inspiring!

DamianM

Vendor
Glad to provide some inspiration! Damian, that belted one looks great, looking forward to see the other ones too! I'd like to get the hang of making caps myself. Recently bought a fairly cheap old cap block, so hopefully that will provide me some help!

Here's a few more images I found:

Another 'trench' style
Schermafbeelding2014-12-06om180316_zps224403ea.png

I love the subtle stitching on the bottom one!
Schermafbeelding2014-12-07om161038_zpsf6a578ef.png

And on the band of this one
Schermafbeelding2014-12-07om160535_zps6747c6f3.png

I had found these as well and working on samples

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn