Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

New summer weight by Barry.

7727b38d46acb6a04fc12f8f4650875d.jpg

87ea66c4293db98aa6d5707e6a19a31b.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Bunch of kool posts lately, blink and you miss!

Here's something a bit different I just picked up from Black Sheep Hat Works. Bob is an avid hiker and uses one of these frequently. It's particularly suited to the occasional moisture we get here in the great PNW. Waxed cotton, wool lined, cork bill, and nice leather sweat. Crown is sewn to the bill.

Modeling it in my Sunday best

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Mike; I like that cap! While I imagine that the fashion or even vintage folks are not "heped-up" on the cap, it would be at home in my part of the northern states. I would like to investigate acquiring a similar cap for everyday hard wearing. Sunday best appears to me to be much like my neighbors Monday-Saturday best. You have similar tailors sir. ;)

Eric -

Last edited:

seabass

Call Me a Cab
Mike
I dig this cap & its going to gain some amazing character with use looks like its built extremely well
Bob at blacksheep makes the best interiors in the custom hat world & my favorite when it comes to leather sweats
I see Joe 6-Pack of yesteryear in this cap it has a great old school vibe....
Heck I can use a cap like that , I do have some work kaps Barry Simonds made for me that are rugged & holding up to anything
but as for rough weather this BS cap cant be beat !

say some nice stuff adorning the past pages Guys
As ive been on & off here I need to catch up but I do like what I see
& our cap makers never cease to amaze me.....

Harv you look swell in that Simonds cap as well !
che:cool:

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
That's a very cool cap, Mike! Interesting design, beautifully fabricated - with some unusual and cool details. I particularly like the cork visor and the little triangular flaps that fold at the peak ends. Nice!!

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Nice, Howard! Mr. Freedom really does a great job, and the fabrics are stellar.

I've just finished resizing this 1920s Canadian cap from the dead (6 5/8" dead!) and I couldn't be happier. The pinwale corduroy fabric kicks my butt.

B_W-check-corduroy-1920s-1.jpg

B_W-check-corduroy-1920s-2.jpg

B_W-check-corduroy-1920s-3.jpg

B_W-check-corduroy-1920s-4.jpg

B_W-check-corduroy-1920s-5.jpg

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Mike; I like that cap! While I imagine that the fashion or even vintage folks are not "heped-up" on the cap, it would be at home in my part of the northern states. I would like to investigate acquiring a similar cap for everyday hard wearing. Sunday best appears to me to be much like my neighbors Monday-Saturday best. You have similar tailors sir. ;)

Eric -

Eric, I think one of these would definitely suite your lifestyle and neck of the woods.

I should have donated that long sleeve tee to the Goodwill to become a rag a long ago but just can't, sometimes worn and comfy beats crisp and new, especially when it's not normally seen in public ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran