Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Cap Faction

A-1

One Too Many
I was eyeing this Real McCoys Cap for months at Superdenim. Found it on eBay a bit cheaper. Was afraid that it wouldn’t fit but it it fits great. It’s my new personal favorite.

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
I've tackled something I've wanted to for a while - my first leather cap. I'm going to wear it for a while and break it in to see how it 'seasons.'

The Le Mans - Australian leather, vintage Japanese 'Tsumugi' silk liner, handwoven cotton ribbon and 1930's brass United Carr crown snap.

le_mans-ad.jpg

le_mans-4.jpg

le_mans-5.jpg

le_mans-6.jpg

le_mans-1.jpg

le_mans-2.jpg

le_mans-3.jpg

A-1

One Too Many
Hey Keith, that looks great! I’m curious to see how it ages.
One more question for you. Who does the design of your “flyers”? They look great as well!
And thanks to you and SpeedRcrX!

GregNYC

One Too Many
Looks like you conquered the leather pretty well. I've thought about a leather cap, but not for the summer perhaps. I'd want it to breathe a bit and be kid-glove soft!

Let us know how it breaks in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GregNYC

One Too Many
Paul Stuart flat cap. I got 8 of these on sale in the winter. Some of them do better at lining up the stripes on the crown with those on the visor. This one isn't so great in that respect. Oh well, whatcha gonna do for 40 bucks?

5a76b164caa8668e95335a3ae97ba497.jpg

4d996a8949d047b79a820016dd9ebc29.jpg

75d8100f2923bd2f9e343b0d18f2b016.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Nice Paul Stuart, Greg - that was a real treasure trove you got when you purchased a bunch of them a while back.

Thanks for the comments, boys. A-1, I do all my own design work and photography. For all of the cap artwork I use existing typography and imagery from the teens and 20s and tweak it so I can work with it.

Update: it's my third full day wearing the leather and it feels great. It's the kind of gear that will need a year to start to look truly broken in!

A-1

One Too Many
Keith, your artwork looks great! Congrats to that, too! I’m in the midst of designing my album cover with a friend. I even thought of asking you, hehe.

Problem with wearing it for a year will be that you just have so many others... Haha.

Stuffsmith

Fedora Lounge Artisan
Thanks guys!! I'm resisting the urge to start 'distressing' it - oil stains, scratches, etc. But I guess if I just treat it rough in normal use, that'll happen anyway. Can't rush a good thing I guess.

JerseyDevil

New in Town
Thanks guys!! I'm resisting the urge to start 'distressing' it - oil stains, scratches, etc. But I guess if I just treat it rough in normal use, that'll happen anyway. Can't rush a good thing I guess.

The problem is you have another 50 hats that will be rotated in-between. It will always look new. Haha.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good evening. I wanted to post up a new cap that I have been enjoying for the past week or so.

I introduce my new Cordova Cap. I let the esteemed Jonathan Cordova have a free hand with the only request was that I wished for a summer cap. Shazam! The handwork is magnificent. I wear it tonight as I head out to watch a local fireworks display.

i-6pv7JKX-M.jpg

It is a natural colored linen, with a liner and leather sweat band. The cap is a french cap style. The linen does show wrinkles, but a shot of steam and they "fall out." Absolutely no problems. I wear my caps out and abut and this linen cap is no exception. It has worn well.

i-zPCJDjc-M.jpg

The cap has a back dart that captures the eye.

i-VQnPTjt-M.jpg

The leather sweat band, liner and branding (logo) are a classy and draw peoples attention when I take it off.

i-bdRksVV-M.jpg

i-JjCZp6b-M.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at my new Cordova Cap. It is my hope that the clean, classy lines of this bespoke cap will rub of on my "mug." Regardless, I am enjoying the cap. Thanks Mr. Cordova.

Best, Eric -

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner